Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo

Old Apr 28, 2017, 03:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
No you cant

Originally Posted by damo
so is it possible to update from 5.1.1 to 6.0?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 03:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
As long as you dont go with the OEM RF you should be good.
Originally Posted by Chokkan
Has anyone done any sound system upgrades with this hu? I have a non SSS car and am looking into improving the sound system, any suggestions on what to buy and how to do so with this head unit installed?
Old May 3, 2017, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
So I thought I'd update on a problem I've been having. Whenever I turn my car off, the radio will say its shutting off, but then turn on again, then turn off again. It basically gets stuck in a loop of turning off and then on. Would running the switched power directly to the factory wiring instead of having it run through the Axxess-Mito module potentially fix this issue?
Old May 4, 2017, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by damo
so is it possible to update from 5.1.1 to 6.0?
No. You're not just getting new firmware you are also getting faster ram speed.

Sell your unit and get the 6.0 if you want it. Honestly, it does the same thing. 6.0 is just faster at loading apps and start up. So far that I've noticed..
Old May 4, 2017, 04:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I purchased one of these with 5.1.1 on it and was able to upgrade to 6.0 by them sending me a processor card. That was all I had to switch out. It was a $100 shipped.

I know the RAM space and memory are larger on the newer head units, but mine has been operating fine since I've replaced it a few months ago.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 06:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is all amazing info! Thanks guys!
Old Jun 28, 2017, 01:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is awesome and full of good info. I just got my unit installed over the weekend and I freaking love it. Already got my music all set up on it, apps installed, have the backup camera going. Only thing that I have ran into is that my dash cam has stopped working for some reason.

I ordered the Sygav dashcam to go along with the unit. Thought that would be the best option for me since it is just plug and play into the HU. At the initial installation of the unit and cameras it was working and had a feed on the screen.

Few days later now it doesn't seem to be powering on and has no feed on either of the preinstalled DVR apps, just shows the big exclamation point. I thought I might have cut a wire when putting the HU in, pulled it out, checked to see the wires are fine.

Any suggestions on how to resolve this with the cam I already have?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 07:36 AM

keen to hear more about this^^

i was actually just about to ask if anyone uses a dash cam with these units, and how reliable they are or if it slows the unit down at all?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 02:12 PM

How exactly does one get it into boot/safe mode? I held a pin in the reset as soon as I turned the key on, waited for the lights to flash on the "buttons" and took out the pin and then it keeps trying to fire up normal. Just goes to a "optimising app" screen then crashes.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 08:19 AM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Realized I posted on the wrong thread, but I need help!

I need help with wiring on the backup camera. I have seen others show wiring but for some reason, their wiring looks different (maybe because some have rocksford or because it's wiring from a Lancer)

I bought this camera off Ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CCD-Car-Reve...72.m2749.l2649

Here is what my OEM wiring looks like in the trunk. I need to know which wire is the signal wire, the power, etc. My car is an Exo X, base, no rockford.

https://i.imgur.com/lvEUaDf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2lhjI8i.jpg
http://imgur.com/XJF6DFU

Also, my steering wheel buttons do not register when I try to set them up. Anyone know of a potential fix?
Old Jul 5, 2017, 03:40 PM

Still looking for help getting this thing into safe mode or whatever it's called. Holding reset while powering up is doing nothing
Old Jul 18, 2017, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Does anybody know if there’s another radio app you can download? Or do you have to stick to the one that’s built in?
Old Jul 28, 2017, 04:43 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Started to notice a couple of things recently. Are the USB connections on this headunit supposed to be able to charge your phone when your car is powered off? Mine does. Im wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing.

Also, along with the USB, ive noticed that not only does it NOT charge my phone even though the charging icon is being displayed, it actually drains my phone. Phone was 75 percent when it was plugged into USB (no BT running or hotspot), phone showed 15% after a 30 minute drive?? Anyone having these issues?

Thanks
Old Aug 1, 2017, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by itdiestoday
Started to notice a couple of things recently. Are the USB connections on this headunit supposed to be able to charge your phone when your car is powered off? Mine does. Im wondering if anyone is experiencing the same thing.

Also, along with the USB, ive noticed that not only does it NOT charge my phone even though the charging icon is being displayed, it actually drains my phone. Phone was 75 percent when it was plugged into USB (no BT running or hotspot), phone showed 15% after a 30 minute drive?? Anyone having these issues?

Thanks
I got a question for you.

Why are you plugging in your phone into the Android Radio USB ports?

Those USB ports in the unit are for data transfer such as USB sticks and Modems or Cameras or Hard Drives.

Use your car charger in the lighter plug or your factory USB port that comes with the Evo.

May be the unit is sending signals to the USB ports when a devise is plugged in and that is what keeps draining your phone.

I have never even thought of using those USB ports for plugging in my phone, dont know what ever gived you that idea
Old Aug 2, 2017, 02:43 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by 04AWDTURBOEVO
I got a question for you.

Why are you plugging in your phone into the Android Radio USB ports?

Those USB ports in the unit are for data transfer such as USB sticks and Modems or Cameras or Hard Drives.

Use your car charger in the lighter plug or your factory USB port that comes with the Evo.

May be the unit is sending signals to the USB ports when a devise is plugged in and that is what keeps draining your phone.

I have never even thought of using those USB ports for plugging in my phone, dont know what ever gived you that idea
I'm not sure if you're trolling or if you genuinely don't understand that by removing the factory radio, you are, in affect, also disconnecting the factory USB plug in the glove box being that it works as a USB charge! as well as multimedia port for supported devices and is powered through the stock head unit.

Secondly, why would I use the USB ports on the radio and what would give me the idea? Geee, let me see, probably because the USB port on the new head unit replaced the OLD USB thats sitting in the glove box as well as that's how ALL USB ports that allow access to an individuals device whether it be phone, ipod, etc., through the radio/headunit work??? They all charge as well as allow for multimedia access??

Anyways, this appears to be an intermittent issue, which leads me to believe that its possible that my charge cable isn't seating properly in my phone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 10.2 quad core android car gps nav stereo