Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

2015 Double din question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2016, 05:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 Double din question

Hey all, I know I will probably get flamed for asking but I swear I tried searching for the answer! In a 2015 Evo X with the factory touchscreen if I switch to an aftermarket double din will I need a dash kit? I have been searching the forum and the internet for about an hour and have only come up with mixed answers. I would like to keep the dash as OEM looking as possible. Im sorry if this question has been beaten to death previously. If it requires a dash kit please throw down some recommendations! I desperately need an upgrade as the factory radio needs serious improvement!
Old Mar 17, 2016, 07:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Spartacus644
Hey all, I know I will probably get flamed for asking but I swear I tried searching for the answer! In a 2015 Evo X with the factory touchscreen if I switch to an aftermarket double din will I need a dash kit? I have been searching the forum and the internet for about an hour and have only come up with mixed answers. I would like to keep the dash as OEM looking as possible. Im sorry if this question has been beaten to death previously. If it requires a dash kit please throw down some recommendations! I desperately need an upgrade as the factory radio needs serious improvement!
Yes you will need a dash kit for a aftermarket radio. Check eBay.....there is one on there that looks very similar to the nav dash the opening is just a little smaller.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 04:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Get the scoshe kit. You can use the stock kit as well but need to have a black plastic trim ring to fill the side gap.