Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Help with MMCS/FUSE versions

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2016, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Help with MMCS/FUSE versions

What are the latest available firmware and software versions for MMCS/FUSE? I want to make sure my unit is up to date. Below are my version numbers.

SW Version: L
MAP Version: 2013-A
FUSE: 16.0.0

From what I've found, the latest FUSE update is 19.0.0 and can be found on a Russian site, but has anyone installed from this source and how do you install on the newer 2014 head units? I can't find much on the MMCS firmware version and hope it's possible to update without making a trip to the dealership. Any info appreciated.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 08:55 AM

bump. anyone?
Old Jun 25, 2016, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nicholaus
bump. anyone?
I can't speak for 2014+ sorry.

About to try this now I'll edit this post with the results in a little bit. I have a 2013.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
is the dealer far?
Old Jun 27, 2016, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Gh3ttoRoM3o
I can't speak for 2014+ sorry.

About to try this now I'll edit this post with the results in a little bit. I have a 2013.
Originally Posted by beetle_orange
is the dealer far?
The dealer is an hour and a half from me. I found that the new radio uses the Settings and Map button to enter diagnostic mode. I was trying Settings and Nav Settings buttons. I installed version 19.0.0 from the Russian site and although the voice is now British, it seems like a pretty good update. I got in touch with the Here MapCare people because, apparently, 2014+ Nav has two free map updates you can register for. The only problem is they send the first one a year from when you register and the next one the following year. I'm not certain, but I believe the software update is part of the map update (?). It doesn't make much sense to me, but I think the map update has the Loading.kwi file in it which, from searching, seems to be the radio software. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nicholaus
The dealer is an hour and a half from me. I found that the new radio uses the Settings and Map button to enter diagnostic mode. I was trying Settings and Nav Settings buttons. I installed version 19.0.0 from the Russian site and although the voice is now British, it seems like a pretty good update. I got in touch with the Here MapCare people because, apparently, 2014+ Nav has two free map updates you can register for. The only problem is they send the first one a year from when you register and the next one the following year. I'm not certain, but I believe the software update is part of the map update (?). It doesn't make much sense to me, but I think the map update has the Loading.kwi file in it which, from searching, seems to be the radio software. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
Hows your voice recognition now? For me everything runs much smoother, and quicker, but now apparently I need to talk with a British accent for it to work properly. For instance if I try to voice dial by number in an American accent, it always gets the numbers wrong. If I do it in an English accent, it works fine.

Yes, my wife laughs at me when I call by voice. ****er says pip pip cheerio after I dial.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 08:02 AM

I only use it for calling, but I do have to say "mobile" in British English for it to recognize it. My wife laughs every time.