Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Automatic headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2018, 02:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Automatic headlight conversion

SO, I have been researching this topic and found a couple of threads on it, all unresolved, usually with a bunch of people saying "not worth it." I'm not really interested in that response, I'm trying to figure out how to add this feature to my 2009. So far I have bought and added the light stalk and taken it to the dealer to have it activated in ETACS. He found the option in there, but every time he sent the activation command, my car rejected it. Upon further digging, it looks like there are 2 ways the car gets the signal to trigger the auto lights, neither of which is the sun load sensor on the dash like I thought it would be. It uses either the sensor on the windshield glass, or the light sensors in the auto dimming mirror. I have added in an auto dimming mirror out of a Prius, and I have auto climate control, so theoretically I could use the output of either one of those to trigger it. I have a couple of diagrams my buddy at the dealer printed out for me showing which connector the signal wires need to go to, but he wasn't able to find the pinouts of those connectors. Has anyone successfully added auto headlights in, and if so, would you mind sharing your process? So far all I have found are abandoned forum threads, and a forum in Russian that looks promising, but google really makes a hash of the translation (it says something about needing to run wires through the torpedo.)
Old Apr 8, 2018, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts
You posted this in the 1-9 section but I'm assuming this is for an X based on the 2009 comment?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well rats. Yeah, I posted in the wrong section.