Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

SYGAV Android Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2018, 09:49 AM
Evom Guest Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question SYGAV Android Head Unit

Hey fellow members,

I saw that people have been installing the SYGAV Android units and it seems like a simple plug n play type setup. Does anyone have any experience putting this unit in a RIGHT hand drive Evo X? Just wanted to see if any issues fitting it up with the new bezel they come with.

As reference here is the unit:
Amazon Amazon

Cheers
Old Apr 24, 2018, 05:31 AM
Evom Guest Editor

Contacted the manufacturer through Amazon and they stated "Yes, it works on the right hand drive evo x model"

So will give it a try and post back the results.

Cheers
Old Apr 24, 2018, 07:43 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
It's a totally flat, straight and forward facing unit. Not sure why left or right hand would change anything.
Old Apr 24, 2018, 11:26 AM
Evom Guest Editor

Originally Posted by razorlab
It's a totally flat, straight and forward facing unit. Not sure why left or right hand would change anything.
Thanks, should be good to go

Cheers
Old Apr 28, 2018, 10:02 PM

I have the new one Octacore 4GB Android 8.0 installed in my 2014 Lancer GT. I also have it wired into my OEM backup camera. The unit is great but had to modify it with a heatsink and fan, due to heat issues. All in all it has been totally worth it. This is a picture of it setup with a raspberry pi running into the aux input.
Old May 8, 2018, 01:49 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LuskPhoto
I have the new one Octacore 4GB Android 8.0 installed in my 2014 Lancer GT. I also have it wired into my OEM backup camera. The unit is great but had to modify it with a heatsink and fan, due to heat issues. All in all it has been totally worth it. This is a picture of it setup with a raspberry pi running into the aux input.
Yeah I had to do heatsinks as well as the biggest fan that would fit in the cover.
Old May 25, 2018, 07:39 AM
Account Disabled

I have also installed Android head unit in my car, it is Smarty Trend in my case. Looks similar.
Old May 30, 2018, 04:07 PM

What heatsink and fan combo did you use? I just ordered the 8.0 as well and want to get the heatsink and fan in the mail so I can do it all at once.
Old May 31, 2018, 10:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by drastik
What heatsink and fan combo did you use? I just ordered the 8.0 as well and want to get the heatsink and fan in the mail so I can do it all at once.
Here are the heatsink cooler and fan that I used on mine:
Heatsink cooler: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fan: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This was the largest fan I found that could fit in the lid casing.
The following users liked this post:
drastik (Jun 5, 2018)
Old Jul 19, 2018, 04:10 PM

Originally Posted by bolothedv
Here are the heatsink cooler and fan that I used on mine:
Heatsink cooler: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Fan: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
This was the largest fan I found that could fit in the lid casing.
Hi Guys,

I recently bought the 8.0 as well and should be here in about 2-3 days. I wanted to know more about the mods with the fan and heat sink you guys did. Also is there any more information i should know about them? any tips and tricks you guys might have?

Thank you in advance
Old Jul 20, 2018, 02:12 PM

To anyone that has a Sygav head unit, does the head unit automatically connect to your phone and start playing music? My girlfriend has a basic single din head unit that I bought for her years ago but what I love about it is that it automatically starts playing music from her phone when she turns the car on. I wanted to know if this does would do the same thing?
Old Nov 24, 2018, 06:04 PM

Just picked this up & installed - anyone else have the issue where they need to disconnect & reconnect to the bluetooth on the phone everytime you get in the car? My phone auto connects when it's available, but it won't play music, I have to disconnect & reconnect.

Also, how does nav work? Do I need to be tethered to my phone?
Old Jan 8, 2019, 04:50 PM

I have the one that only has 1gb of ram and I have had it for about 1 year and a half and i regret buying it. The screen is not high quality and the touch response is at time very unresponsive. Also the bluetooth for audio sounds horrible. Apps at times tale forever to start up and for 3rd party apps the controls on the steering wheel don't work for them. Idk if the newer models are any good but, I would not buy another one even if its a newer model. Ill just buy a real brand one instead.