Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

VLand DRL Always On

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4, 2019, 10:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VLand DRL Always On

I can't imagine I'm the only one having this problem (or maybe I am) but, I had the SSS package on my evo and I recently purchased the Land Audi-Style headlights from amazon, so when I plug everything in, for some reason the LEDs stay on even after the car is off and locked. Am I doing something wrong? The headlights come with a wire that has two 10a fuses that I plug in to the fuse box, I only wan the LEDs to run when the car is on (an including when the headlights are on). Can anybody help? Thank you!

Nevermind! Going to wire it separately.

Last edited by topshelf510; Apr 5, 2019 at 07:05 AM. Reason: Found alternative solution
Old Apr 19, 2019, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

I have a question for you. Did you reuse the stock ballast to run HID's or did you buy new ballast or did you not run HID's after installing these?

This is my dilemma. I like these headlights and I want to buy them; however, I just b ought new HID's lights that cost a lot and don
t want to go to an inferior bulb type. I found an adapter that should work to maintain the D2S bulb.
Old Apr 25, 2019, 01:48 PM

I ended up buying a set of LED bulbs as a place holder. I didn’t even try using the D2S that I had because of compatibility issues. I hope to get a better quality set of lights in the future but this works for now. The headlights really change the look of the car for the better

Originally Posted by WWevoX
I have a question for you. Did you reuse the stock ballast to run HID's or did you buy new ballast or did you not run HID's after installing these?

This is my dilemma. I like these headlights and I want to buy them; however, I just b ought new HID's lights that cost a lot and don
t want to go to an inferior bulb type. I found an adapter that should work to maintain the D2S bulb.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 11:50 PM

Did you ever figure why the drl light strip always stayed on? I'm having the same issue with my newly installed VLANDS.