Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Installed VLEDS Micro Evolution fog lights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2019, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Lightbulb Installed VLEDS Micro Evolution fog lights

Installed VLEDS Micro Evolution H11 (5,000K) as the fog lights for the Evo today. They look great!

I have seen halogen bulbs melting the fog light housings of a few local Evo X club members, so I hope LEDs being cooler and brighter should be the better choice. VLEDS claims these have 3,500 lumens of output per bulb. There is also a 4,500-lumen version called Micro Extreme, which is new and I'm unsure about its durability.

The D2S HID bulbs are also weak (both dim and one bulb has difficulties turning on), so they are replaced with Osram Xenarc CBI. There is also a brighter version of it called Night Breaker Laser, but for the same reason I went with this.

The VLEDS Micro Evolution looks like 4,500K in the fog light housing, perhaps because the housing has a yellowish tint. However, they do look like 5,000K pure white when pointed at a canvas.

The Osram Xenarc CBI looks like 4,750K (slightly yellow) both in the HID housing and when pointed at a canvas.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 03:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts
Effect of these bulbs at night. First photo: Osram Xenarc CBI headlights only. Second photo: Osram Xenarc CBI headlights and VLEDS Micro Evolution fog lights.