Notices
Evo X Electrical / Audio / Security Discuss electrical and audio system upgrades or alarm configurations.

Immobilizer / FAST Key

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Immobilizer / FAST Key

So I sort of made a boo boo...

When I bought my 2011 Evolution used, it only came with one FAST Key Fob that was missing the cut key. Fast forward a year or two later and I decided to get an extra key fob or two programmed just in case. I go to the nearest lock smith because they said they could program the key fobs (the nearest Mitsu dealer is a few hours away). In the process of trying to program the new key fobs, they cleared the old key fob......ouch. Luckily, they were able to at least get the emergency key cut and programmed to start the car with the fob, but now I don't have any FAST key functionality. I cannot lock or unlock my doors or open my trunk with the fobs.

I then decided to go to the nearest Mitsu dealership to see if they could help me out (because they could surely fix this). They eventually told me that the immobilizer had been wiped by the lock smith company and that I would need a new immobilizer with programmed keys in order to get this all to work.

Anybody have any ideas of a work around? The dealership will be getting back to me with a cost for how much the immobilizer will be but I want to be able to weigh all of my options before settling on that. This is honestly just a convenience issue, but it sucks having to place my key fob on the key to start the car as well as not having wireless locking / unlocking functionality from the fob. I have a feeling that this dealership and their crew might not know everything there is to know when it comes to the Evo X's security features, but it'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

Also, just some things to note. The dealership originally could not work on my vehicle because of the aftermarket tune as well as some electrical issues with some aftermarket parts connected to the system. Flashing back to the stock tune, popping the oem boost control solenoid back on and disconnecting power to my boost gauges seemed to do the trick. They were cool about looking at my car after I made those adjustments, but alas they ran into the immobilizer memory wipe issue...

Thanks for any help you guys can provide!
Old Sep 10, 2020, 06:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The dealer can program new keys with the MUTIII tool. Or you can find someone or a mitsu specific performance shop to do it. I went through the same fiasco with my local locksmiths. Eventually I just got MUTIII and did it myself.
Old Sep 12, 2020, 02:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks I need to do this too