Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

EcuTek official EVO X FlashCAN software release

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pltek
and hopefully the price
Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
If this is a joke, I'll never believe the word of a Mod/Vendor again for going along with this.....

If the original poster is a vendor and is advertising why is his screen name not a vendor screen name. A spokesperson for Eibach posted about springs without paying and his thread was deleted.

I want to believe, but this is too coincidental.
+1
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:29 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by DirectorSe7en
If this is a joke, I'll never believe the word of a Mod/Vendor again for going along with this.....

If the original poster is a vendor and is advertising why is his screen name not a vendor screen name. A spokesperson for Eibach posted about springs without paying and his thread was deleted.

I want to believe, but this is too coincidental.
First of all, it might be April Fool's day, but I don't take my job here as a joke.

The thread starter is not advertising in his post, is not in this country, and was just letting people know what's going on from his vantage point.

Vivid, however, is a vendor here.

I am sure others will be right along with confirmation. I'm pretty sure I believe because there are emails in my inbox. De-stress and relax! The wait is almost over, honest.

Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
How long before you think we will be able to buy this. I am in need of a flash because i decieded to be dumb and put a boost controller and now my car light keeps on coming on and i also went on limp modeeeeee. So i had to turn the boost down to 20 psi which = slower

They expect to be shipping sometime next week, so I would suspect not too long.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Yes it is avail soon. Email sent out today.

However it ain't cheap...
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by Noize; Apr 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:52 AM

Gentleman

I wish we had time for jokes but this has been a huge amount of work and our network of tuning partners has been waiting patiently for us to release this to them.

Bear in mind that we have to be able to support all the world models from JDM, European, US, Australian, South African etc including SST and RS.

Therefore we have released this without regard to the date.

In fact, I think that one of the rules of a true April Fool's joke is that it must be carried out before noon.

I think that as we sent this out at 15:00 GMT from the UK this would not have qualified anyway.

All the best
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:05 PM
EvoM Administrator

Ran, I edited your last post so those maps aren't showing to everyone on the forum.

David, thanks for posting! This should put a rest to anyone doubting the validity of this great product releasing shortly.

-Seth
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by psy-q
Actually it doesn't. A user named david@ecutek that just signed up and has one post. That opens up even more questions.
Well he prob works for Ecutek but doesnt have an account to post info so he had to make a new one
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noize
Ran, I edited your last post so those maps aren't showing to everyone on the forum.

David, thanks for posting! This should put a rest to anyone doubting the validity of this great product releasing shortly.

-Seth
How do you know the product is great? Please validate your statement, Have you ever owned any Ecutek product. I wonder why the last post in the Ecutek forum was on Feb. 10.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/fo...play.php?f=146

Last edited by zbomb; Apr 1, 2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
Account Disabled

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Noize
First of all, it might be April Fool's day, but I don't take my job here as a joke.

The thread starter is not advertising in his post, is not in this country, and was just letting people know what's going on from his vantage point.
Oh, sorry just saying. Thanks for responding.

OT: So this will include the USDM SST? Does this mean the MR can be ECU/Tranny tuned?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, you guys are really negative sometimes.

Great to see some early tools starting to arrive. Another year and we will have a good understanding of how the car works, what AFR's it likes, and gobs of other information!
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
This is great news!! Big turbo's here we come. Now I will just have to see who will offer a great turbo. AMS, ETS or Buschur. On my IX I had a 3076R from AMS. I hope someone has something available soon. My Evo is starting to feel slow. Any great Buys?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:55 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by zbomb
How do you know the product is great? Please validate your statement, Have you ever owned any Ecutek product. I wonder why the last post in the Ecutek forum was on Feb. 10.
1) Because its a total flash tool for the X. Its a great product, but the tune is custom built by your local tuner/EcuTeK dealer for your car. Several of the vendors on EvoM are EcuTeK dealers, and will have flashes available to the X customer base shortly. EcuTek also has logging software and supports the vendors that use their product, which is great.

2) Yes I've owned an EcuTeK flashed car.

3) Because of Ecuflash/Open Source coming into the market for the VIII and IX.

If you want to wait on another solution to come out, that's totally fine. I personally am tired of having a car that is mapped like crap from the factory and bottoms out the wideband on the dyno, leaving a ton of power on the table. As far as I know and at this point in time, EcuTeK will be the only complete flash solution for the Evo X that will have shops that can tune your car with control of fueling, timing, boost, and Mivec on both cams.

I am sure other solutions will be along shortly. Everyone of course should use whatever he/she wants.

The only issue I have with this thread are the people calling BS and think this is some kind of joke or a fake screen name.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:06 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by david@ecutek
Gentleman

I wish we had time for jokes but this has been a huge amount of work and our network of tuning partners has been waiting patiently for us to release this to them.

Bear in mind that we have to be able to support all the world models from JDM, European, US, Australian, South African etc including SST and RS.

Therefore we have released this without regard to the date.

In fact, I think that one of the rules of a true April Fool's joke is that it must be carried out before noon.

I think that as we sent this out at 15:00 GMT from the UK this would not have qualified anyway.

All the best
David

Great to see you on the forums here !

Congratulations and THANKS for investing all the countless hours of R & D to get this product up and running. Ecutek has always been the pioneer in this industry and continues to work to stay at the leading edge.

Ecutek was the first to develop the Can Bus for the new '08 STI and again for the '08 Evo X.

The Ecutek Can Bus Subaru application is the best reflashing tool I have used to date - it was a great investment and has produced some really top notch results. The quality and innovation in the Ecutek products is simply world class.

Best of all is the continued support for Ecutek dealers and ongoing inprovment and support which the license fee model supports.

I am very proud to be a dealer of Ecutek products.

We bought an Evo X nearly two months ago and have not done a thing to it other than a intake and a MBC as we were waiting for the Ecutek tuning application to come out so that we could do all the mapping from stock in stages.

I feel the X will greatly benefit from tuning, perhaps even more so than the 8 and IX.

Al

Last edited by DynoFlash; Apr 1, 2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

Noize, From the sound of it you are quite knowledgable on Ecutek, Was your previously Ecutek flashed car a Subie or Mitsu. I ask because the tuning/logging options were very different between the two. I'm not calling BS at all, just trying to make people aware that the first is not always the best and if you read through the link I posted many people were unhappy with they're Ecutek experience. Mostly because of the locking of ECU's and the high price. I know many owners of X's are new to this site and may not know Ecutek had been around for previous gen Evo's.

Props to them for getting it out first, There's certainly money to be made for the work it took to do it. I hope Ecutek sticks with they're development of the X like they did not for the 8/9.
Old Apr 1, 2008, 01:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zbomb
Relax - its not a joke. I was able to pull the ROM file of of our Evo X several weeks ago using the Ecutek Flash Can to send to Ecutek for their R & D. I saw it with my own two eyes.

Quick Reply: EcuTek official EVO X FlashCAN software release