Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

What Flash should i go for? Or is it all the same?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics no worky.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

should be fixed
Old Oct 31, 2008, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

very nice gains.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for posting the dynos up Chris. The car now runs like a realy EVO X should. I can't believe how much different it runs and better.

Hey Philamthebest, hows the MR running now and that SST with the increase in power?
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Those are great gains.

AMS
Old Oct 31, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

ECUFlash.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by love9sick
Thanks for posting the dynos up Chris. The car now runs like a realy EVO X should. I can't believe how much different it runs and better.

Hey Philamthebest, hows the MR running now and that SST with the increase in power?
I would love to hear from you. Philamthe best, on how the car is now vs before?
Thanks
Old Nov 1, 2008, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

The MR Runs great, really feeling the power, went to the track and the SST trans was overheating... Common problem but other than that the car feels awesome..... How about you?
The car before i felt was fairly fast, i had an intake and an exhaust but with the tune you can really feel the car pushing it to it's limits.... The 3rd gear ration is crazy even wthout a tune but with the tune its even better.... Just watch out for overheating your trans when it's in SST mode. Stick with the sport mode or even shift yourself is the best idea... I used both in race situations and i prefer to do my own shifting.... i recomend a tune for the MR... obviously we arent gonna see results as the gsr but still if you like your car now you will love it after a tune.

I have a taken some videos of it as well and will be on youtube soon...

Is any other MR driver thinking about a tune?
Old Nov 1, 2008, 08:26 AM
Evolved Member

I forgot to mention that the tune also has really helped my gas consumption. I will get exact figures and put them on here....It's starting to feel like an evo should!!! Hey navidf how does your MR run? love9sick how is the GSR coping with the tune?

Last edited by philamthebest; Nov 1, 2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by philamthebest
I forgot to mention that the tune also has really helped my gas consumption. I will get exact figures and put them on here....It's starting to feel like an evo should!!! Hey navidf how does your MR run? love9sick how is the GSR coping with the tune?
Great to see you are happy with the tune as well. I think I am feeling the difference more maybe because look at my base run compared to yours. I have no idea why but I have more miss-fires than a fat chick has hamburgers in an hour. Your base run while it had lower hp/tq it seemed to be smoother. I really love how it runs. The clutch doesn't seem to care yet and the car is fine so far. Pulls so hard all the way into red line now that it is a breath taking difference from my untuned X. My power band is amazing. Holds TQ well as well....wonder if it is my Upper IC pipe helping that with the mid-range. Chris did a great job. I didn't notice till a few minutes ago that he raised our rev limit also to 7800rpm.

Last edited by love9sick; Nov 1, 2008 at 02:26 PM.
Old Nov 1, 2008, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

I noticed he raised the rev limiter... We should get together to try and get some cruising going... i think i may get the intercooler piping next. what do you think?
Old Nov 2, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

I noticed he raised the rev limiter... We should get together to try and get some cruising going... i think i may get the intercooler piping next. what do you think?
Yea, I'm thinking of eventually investing into a intercooler. I think the Lower IC pipe is good enough stock really. Some cruise would be cool maybe with a few other people. Hopefully before the snow falls.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Impressive
Old Nov 2, 2008, 06:34 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
Propaganda removed.
This is a reflash thread.
Old Nov 2, 2008, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

The MR Runs great, really feeling the power, went to the track and the SST trans was overheating... Common problem but other than that the car feels awesome..... How about you?
The car before i felt was fairly fast, i had an intake and an exhaust but with the tune you can really feel the car pushing it to it's limits.... The 3rd gear ration is crazy even wthout a tune but with the tune its even better.... Just watch out for overheating your trans when it's in SST mode. Stick with the sport mode or even shift yourself is the best idea... I used both in race situations and i prefer to do my own shifting.... i recommend a tune for the MR... obviously we arent gonna see results as the gsr but still if you like your car now you will love it after a tune.

I have a taken some videos of it as well and will be on youtube soon...

Is any other MR driver thinking about a tune?

I love the MR, but it needs another 40-50 HP. I do not intend to race/track it at all, so this increased power/torque will be for occasional street use, so no problems. I am waiting on the Z-chip to see how that will turn out, but I think TTP is not really interested in the MR currently and is focusing on the GSR.
UPIC, drop in filter, a tune will probably be all I want, or may be the Z Chip !