Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

EVO X b411t going into a baja, need help with ECU

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pretty cool man. I like crazy Sh*t like this. Good job.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by flyboytb
wow some people are major douche bags!

props for using the 4b11t motor for your project! its light and had great output which is just what you need in a buggy. not to mention cheeper than a lsX motor and still lighter, simple mods and tuning and youd kill any lsX buggy.

Im yet to read about your build but are you retaining awd?
yea that was my main draw towards the evo or subaru motors...ligthweight high power, with good torque numbers being achieved at much higher rpms which will not only save my trans and cvs from getting eaten alive but also provides way better pulling power for hill climbs...and some "sweet jumps" as my cousin likes to put it.

I went with evo for two reasons, its one of my dream cars and who runs um off road?

i went with the 4b11t for two reasons also...NO ONE has done it and because i got a ridiculously good deal on a 6000 miles complete motor.

no not retaining all wheel drive...yet. My plan is to move this bad boy in the future into a 4 seat chassis, when i get to that point im really thinking about doing a AWD drive train........THANX FOR THE PROPS FLYBOY
Old Nov 5, 2009, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
This looks like a great build! Your in good hands with RRE. What made you go with the 4b11 over the 4g63? The 4g63 has a ton of aftermarket support and you can use the evo 8 ecu with a 2g harness.

I checked out the pics on the post above, great job! If you need a custom intercooler for that beast let me know!

Michael
Just the amazing price i got for it...i was looking for 4gs when i came across the 4b.

actually as a matter of fact we are looking into a custom intercooler for later on, we need to see what kind of horsepower were looking at without it because this trans is only built to 310ish horse while maintaining reliability.

I will let you guys know though for sure, i hear good things about ETS! Just have to see what scot says about output numbers.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 10:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoBaja
Just the amazing price i got for it...i was looking for 4gs when i came across the 4b.

actually as a matter of fact we are looking into a custom intercooler for later on, we need to see what kind of horsepower were looking at without it because this trans is only built to 310ish horse while maintaining reliability.

I will let you guys know though for sure, i hear good things about ETS! Just have to see what scot says about output numbers.
Sounds Good To Me! We work closely with RRE, so let us know!

Thanks,

Michael
Old Nov 7, 2009, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvoBaja
wrong is the word on the street, the ECU on the X uses a CAM computing system. the computer is literally tied into every lil thing of the car including the radio and climate control. Without these systems being there, especially the cat and emissions control, it wont just fire off codes, it will straight up not run.

So your saying if my radio isnt plugged in...my engine wont start?!!1?!? Oh and I think you mean CAN, not CAM. The vehicle uses a CAN bus.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

cool idea you should post up some pics on here too. Why no pics of the 4B in the BUG-E

Last edited by cnj4ever; Nov 7, 2009 at 12:05 PM.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 10:35 AM

as for the radio comment...yea its possible, and yea i did mean CAN sorry, those keys are right next to each other....

I dont know for sure about the radio, more than likely not but considering how much of an **** ***** the CAN system has been so far, it wouldnt surprise me...

No pics of the engine in the rail because there are none. The motor is in transit to Kennedy Engineering Products for the adapter plate. Once i get it back and play with the wiring i will post up some pictures. That should happen on monday
Old Nov 17, 2009, 03:37 PM

for sale

im selling the 4b11t. its more simple to go another route. Ive seen these guys without accessories or turbo or manifolds sell for 5000 dollars...im looking to get the same for the motor with less than 6000 miles on it complete with turbo, manifolds, all accesories complete with computer and harnesses.