Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

P0140 dtc - cobb ap

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P0140 dtc - cobb ap

Currently running test pipe, catback, etc.

Keep getting a P0140, literally everytime I drive the car after I reset it.

Bank 1 Sensor 2, no activity detected. What's the real deal here? Most people don't seem to know WHY this is triggered. Is it a lean condition? Is it a rich condition? Is it a un-secure connection at the connector under the seat?

I already know about splicing my wideband in, yadda yadda... but I'm not looking to do that. I have a good sensor sitting in an AMS/Vibrant anti-fouler and keep getting the code.

Does anyone on here REALLY knows what this code means?

Lou
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

All that stuff you are talking about is for OpenSource - Tactrix - EcuFlash tuning.

Are you running a stage 2 map?
Old Jul 27, 2010, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golden
All that stuff you are talking about is for OpenSource - Tactrix - EcuFlash tuning.

Are you running a stage 2 map?
ProTuned COBB AP with an FP Red making over 400awhp.

Last edited by HybridKOOP; Jul 27, 2010 at 07:38 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

You can disable that stuff with the AP.

File -> Edit -> Advanced Parameters

P0420
Rear O2 On / Off

What are the check boxes for those 2?
Or simply call your tuner.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 09:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Golden
You can disable that stuff with the AP.

File -> Edit -> Advanced Parameters

P0420
Rear O2 On / Off

What are the check boxes for those 2?
Or simply call your tuner.
You cannot disable anything in the COBB AP for the P0140 code.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:12 AM
Evolving Member

do you have an O2 Sensor Spacer in the test pipe?
like this one:

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...or-Spacer.html

Last edited by alex3dworld; Jul 27, 2010 at 10:14 AM.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 10:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alex3dworld
do you have an O2 Sensor Spacer in the test pipe?
like this one:

http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...or-Spacer.html
Yes I do. I've tried all three fittings.

From what I understand, P0140 is not related to how much exhaust gasses the sensor is/is not sniffing... which is why I made this thread in the first place.

Lou
Old Jul 27, 2010, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

I've been dealing with this issue now for some time (literally the past 9 months!!!)...its quite annoying having to reset it every 30 or so miles. I'm waiting for the ability to 100% be able to turn it off (USDM ROM). No O2 spacer (or multiple use) has been able to stop the pesky P0140 from showing up. Its so damn annoying!!!

Please Tephra or who ever works directly with Open Source/EcuFlash, please find a way to disable this for USDM based Rom's (I know Tephra can do it with JDM Rom's, but hasn't put too much effort into solving the issue for us USDM guys/gals).
Old Jul 27, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HR2L
I've been dealing with this issue now for some time (literally the past 9 months!!!)...its quite annoying having to reset it every 30 or so miles. I'm waiting for the ability to 100% be able to turn it off (USDM ROM). No O2 spacer (or multiple use) has been able to stop the pesky P0140 from showing up. Its so damn annoying!!!

Please Tephra or who ever works directly with Open Source/EcuFlash, please find a way to disable this for USDM based Rom's (I know Tephra can do it with JDM Rom's, but hasn't put too much effort into solving the issue for us USDM guys/gals).
HR2L, not to get off topic, but since you have the same exact issue with the P0140 that I do, do you also happen to experience hard starting issues at times? Like cranking and cranking forever until the car finally fires up?

Lou
Old Jul 27, 2010, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Take the sensor out of the anti fowler and plug it in the pipe like normal. I kept getting that code until i removed the anti-fowler.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 02:30 PM

If you have cobb, you can turn it off just like golden said. I have a test pipe and would get it. Once you use the ATR you can modify the map and uncheck the box for P0140.

Since you are protuned, you may need to have your tuner due it as he may have locked the map.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 02:30 PM

HR2L, i'm pretty sure Tephra has all ready done that for ECU. I thought I saw a thread about it on the other site.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by doibugu2
HR2L, i'm pretty sure Tephra has all ready done that for ECU. I thought I saw a thread about it on the other site.
He has not for USDM Based Rom's. I believe he has though for JDM. Could be wrong, but I know for certain he has not for USDM.

Maybe Tephra or Bryan@GST can chime in on this issue. If it is possible to turn this off via OpenSource/ECUFlash I want it done ASAP!!!! Its so annoying...
Originally Posted by HybridKOOP
HR2L, not to get off topic, but since you have the same exact issue with the P0140 that I do, do you also happen to experience hard starting issues at times? Like cranking and cranking forever until the car finally fires up?

Lou
No hard starts here, Though I have had on a couple of occasions had the car not want to turn over (no cranking). I chalked it up to communications issues between the FOB and the ECU. Walked away came back 10min later, turned over perfectly.

Last edited by HR2L; Jul 27, 2010 at 03:03 PM.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

If you have a Cobb AP, don't use anything special like foulers. Just plug the Rear O2 right into your test pipe. Many many 08 guys are running like this with 0 issues on a Cobb Stage 2 map.

As far as Open ECU goes, I was 100% to eliminate all CEL issues with my 2010. Guys do have issues with the 2008. I haven't been able to mess with a 2008 in person yet, so I can't help too much.

Tephra will tell you to remove the Rear O2 sensor and plug your wideband into it. There is a how to thread here somewhere.
Old Jul 27, 2010, 08:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by HR2L
He has not for USDM Based Rom's. I believe he has though for JDM. Could be wrong, but I know for certain he has not for USDM.

Maybe Tephra or Bryan@GST can chime in on this issue. If it is possible to turn this off via OpenSource/ECUFlash I want it done ASAP!!!! Its so annoying...
Working 100% on my 2010 RA.

Come by sometime and you can test it on your 2008.

- Bryan

Quick Reply: P0140 dtc - cobb ap