Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

looking to start tuning... what hardware do I need for logging?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2010, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looking to start tuning... what hardware do I need for logging?

Ok so I've been reading a decent bit about how to tune and have gotten a pretty decent walkthrough by a guy that generally does this for a living. I'm pretty sure I'm ready to start the process of self-tuning.

Only problem is, I'm not totally sure what hardware I need for ECU flash/evoscan. I understand that I need the tatrix 2.0 cable, but I've been reading about people not being able to log boost/wideband a/f without certain hardware.

I already have an "analog" standalone wideband and boost guage in the car. Do I still need to purchase an AEM/Innovate in-line as well?

The car has a 3-bar MAP sensor installed on it from the factory. Already checked the part number against the JDM MAP sensor that people say to get on here all the time to log boost. Anything else I need for that or am I solid?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

WB02 is definitely a MUST (you might also need a Serial -> USB converter) ! OP2 cable + a Laptop + Evoscan software for DL + ECU FLASH + long, straight & flat road to your WOT runs & MOST importantly SAFETY 1st !!!

GL & Happy Tooning
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by E6-X
WB02 is definitely a MUST (you might also need a Serial -> USB converter) ! OP2 cable + a Laptop + Evoscan software for DL + ECU FLASH + long, straight & flat road to your WOT runs & MOST importantly SAFETY 1st !!!

GL & Happy Tooning
AEM, Innovate, and Zeitronix have widebands with +5V analog outputs that can be run to the ECU for logging. No reason not to, now that tephra has sorted out the P0140 CEL.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stokEd
AEM, Innovate, and Zeitronix have widebands with +5V analog outputs that can be run to the ECU for logging. No reason not to, now that tephra has sorted out the P0140 CEL.
Here's the thread: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-serial.html
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

yep but still can use the usb converter (no wiring job needed) and the wb02 does not have to be permanent where u can take the whole wb02 out and to use on other car if needed but its always good to have more options
Old Nov 12, 2010, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by stokEd
the thing is I already have a wideband hooked up in the car. It's a Prosport 52mm wideband. Can I just jack into that signal or do I really have to buy/install a separate wideband to hook to the ECU. I'm sure it couldn't be that hard to grab an analog output and do some quick splicing to run to the ECU(or do you just throw the USB adapter there and plug it straight into your laptop?). Has anyone else done something like this?

http://www.evoscan.com/evoscan-gps-o...flashing-cable

This is the cable I'm planning on getting. Once I get the wideband all wired up correctly to the ecu, I should need nothing other than this correct?

Old Nov 13, 2010, 04:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts
is it an actual wideband sensor or just a guage that displays "kinda" what AFR you are running

if it has a 5v analog output on it then you can wire it to the rear02 signal on the ECU and log "wideband" via that.

The only problem with the 5v analog is you NEED to be VERY VERY sure of your wiring, because any ground offsets will mean an incorrect voltage is hitting the ECU and thus your logs will be wrong.

You can test this by forcefully outputting different voltages on the wideband (Like in the LC1 LM Programmer) and then ensuring those voltages are being correctly seen by the ECU...