Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

not sure about this one: p0138 and p2253 ...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy not sure about this one: p0138 and p2253 ...

ok so just started up my 2010 GSR after a week of sitting, weather is also cold too. cel instantly comes on.

p0138- rear o2 sensor
p2253- o2 sensor offset high voltage

ok so they're both o2 related.

things to note:

-previously tuned by Ivey in may, no cel till now
-just hooked my wb up to my rear o2 last week using that diy walk thru before I left... could this somehow be related? I haven't driven it since then
-car was sitting for a week and it was cold out (~33 deg. F) when started it up, possible cold-start issue?

so idk... seems a little odd that it happened right after I hooked up my wb... yes I put the white wire from my uego to the yellow with silver hashes on it from the rear o2 under the seat

confused/ freaking out, never had any issues before

if u need more info just let me know

any help is appreciated, thanks

EDIT- also, not sure if this has anything to do with it... but, when the cel came on, was in evoscan/ecu flash for the first time on my new laptop in my car with a newer version of evoscan (i think) that ivey might have used... the moment the laptop installed the drivers fom the openport cable, etc... the CEL popped on. is it possible that a newer version of evoscan could have altered/reverted/over written some parameter(s) that ivey had set and caused the CEL to pop on because of that?

idk, just throwing that out there... im a noob when it comes to this stuff. also, i did not write anything to the ecu.

edit 2- driving around with the CEL on seems not really any different; idle seems normal, my AFRs seem right where they should be, boost is ok, and my power seems pretty normal, pulls pretty damn well...
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just recenly got a p2253 as well. Right around when the cold started up here in Ottawa.

I'm running narrowband simulation with my LC-1, so it's a different setup, but I've been running it for a few months with no CELs, until now.

I did disable the REAR 02 in my latest flash, it seemed to happen at the same time, but could be just a coincidence. If I have some time I'll test.

My car SEEMS to run normal and AFRs are good at WOT, but when I look at logs I see STFT at 0 about 90% of the time - incl. idling and light cruise. So it seems like my car is running open loop most of the time now.

Last edited by Windstorm; Dec 27, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: typo
Old Dec 28, 2012, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if you hook up a wideband's analog signal to your rear o2 signal wire, the voltage will be out of spec and throw a code.

mine threw P0139 (Oxygen Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank1, Sensor2). i disabled the DTC and light gone.
Old Apr 5, 2013, 07:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Windstorm
I just recenly got a p2253 as well. Right around when the cold started up here in Ottawa.

I'm running narrowband simulation with my LC-1, so it's a different setup, but I've been running it for a few months with no CELs, until now.

I did disable the REAR 02 in my latest flash, it seemed to happen at the same time, but could be just a coincidence. If I have some time I'll test.

My car SEEMS to run normal and AFRs are good at WOT, but when I look at logs I see STFT at 0 about 90% of the time - incl. idling and light cruise. So it seems like my car is running open loop most of the time now.
I am in the same boat as you.
Never had this CEL...just the one "CAT efficiency below treshold" so I deactivated my rear o2 sensor and one day later I got the same CELs as you do.
So I activated the sensor again in the flash, but the CEL keeps coming back.
It does not happen instantly nut periodically.
What did you do to solve it?
Michael