Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

Stage 1 and 2 Buschur Package or AMS STX400 Package

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2015, 07:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stage 1 and 2 Buschur Package or AMS STX400 Package

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I am new to the Evo world... always wanted this car and finally in my life was able to purchase the 2015 Evo GSR. I just want to pre-thank any help offered on here. I was deciding whether or not to go with the Buschur stage 1 and stage 2 package or go with the AMS STX400 package. Both from Buschur are around 2000 and the STX400 from AMS is around 3800. The AMS package is around 100 hp and torque gain while I can't seem to find any gains from the Buschur system. The nice thing is I live in Ohio and am able to drive to Wakeman which is only an hour or so away from me. I was just wondering if you had any opinions on the two packages. I still have a little ways to go before I hit a 1000 miles for engine break in and have been babying the car so its ready to go for these mods when the time comes. Thanks again for all help and I am glad to be a part of the Evolution family finally.

Thanks,
Eli
Old Mar 16, 2015, 11:16 AM

I have a few tidbits to offer, before you look into upgrading parts for your vehicle.

Incase you don't know yet, adding "bolt-on" power adders, will void your warranty. Now, for the most part, this is 100%, depending on the dealership you choose to go to. There are some, not many, that will look the other way. So, just keep this in mind.

Now, as far as the Buschur packages, I really don't know what's included in them. The AMS kit is a little overpriced for what you get. Unless you want to sport all AMS parts, there are other companys that are just as good and offer quality parts. ETS is a main manufacturer here. Their full bolt-on setup should run quite a few hundred dollars lower than the AMS kit. I'd shop around and look for deals.

I'd stay away from the COBB AP, just because you can get an open source tune for a lot less and it's more reliable.

These are just my opinions. Take them for what they are worth.

Last edited by jayyyw; Mar 16, 2015 at 11:18 AM.
Old Mar 16, 2015, 06:04 PM

Thanks for your feedback, as for the parts I had talked to the dealership already about warranty. Where I bought mine I guess is pretty good about honoring warranty as long as they can't trace exact issue back to part that caused any issue. In open source I assume you are talking about a custom flash done by say buschur etc that usually runs are 250 to 300 where as the Cobb v3 is around 500 (which from my understanding comes with the AMs tune on the Cobb built in.) The reason I am looking at that ams is because of reliability and the fact that buschur is a certified ams dealer and recommended this. Not looking to ruin people on the roads just want some little upgrades to get me going through the years. The dealership where I also bought the car suggested ams because package is completely bolt on and is better for say honoring warranties. Thanks for suggesting the ets stuff!
Old Mar 17, 2015, 01:05 PM

Whether you go AMS, ETS, MAP, etc... not one is going to be easier than the other to install. So, like I said, unless you really want AMS parts, there are other brands out there that are just as good, for less money.

As for the dealership saying AMS would be easier to work with in a warranty case, that may be due to the fact AMS is a more widely known brand than the others I have mentioned. I never heard of ETS or MAP before I moved to the Evo platform.

Again, just my $.02.
Old Mar 17, 2015, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
i dont think you have dealt with the Mitsu warranty process much if you think they will cover anything when you mod it...they have prolly one of the worst wraps when it comes to warranty items.