Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

My Greddy Ti-C just came from Speed Element

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2008, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dkstas
^The tapered part of the mid pipe where it meets the stock cat is less than 2" long and it isn't much smaller than the 80mm pipe.
Yes true, but is the inner diameter a true 3"?
Old May 9, 2008, 12:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i installed my greddy ti-c earlier today along with a resonated test pipe and drop in filter... i can deff feel a big difference and i think it sounds ****in amazing!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!! Definelty worth buying! and as far as the taper part concers me i bet im lossing no more that .0000003 of a horespower hahhahah
Old May 9, 2008, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evogeo
i installed my greddy ti-c earlier today along with a resonated test pipe and drop in filter... i can deff feel a big difference and i think it sounds ****in amazing!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!! Definelty worth buying! and as far as the taper part concers me i bet im lossing no more that .0000003 of a horespower hahhahah
Great to hear some positive things! I pm'd you!

Last edited by Mightygnu; May 9, 2008 at 12:17 AM.
Old May 9, 2008, 05:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evogeo
Does it look like the greddy catback will fit with the stock cat without removing or modifying the heat shield at the outlet of the cat. I know you put a test pipe on, but didnt know if you happen to look at that area.

Is it loud without the silencer in? Or is it low and not too loud. Any droning at highway cruising speeds?

Brian
Old May 9, 2008, 05:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mightygnu
haha I live in SoCal but I still want those flaps! I love the look of the Greddy, really I think it looks amazing, but I just want a true 3"
If you want a true 3" exhaust then this ones not for you !!! Its too big at 80mm (3.15").. the taper will be less than and equivalent 3" O.D. tubing on the inside diamter, by about 1/8". The taper should be around 72mm to 75mm O.D. So you will loose a little diameter there, but not enough to make a difference. Can someone load those pictures up on Evom from Page 3, the ones that are on Photobucket. I cant pull those up at work.

Thanks,
Brian
Old May 9, 2008, 06:01 AM
Evolving Member

^It fits perfectly with the stock cat, no modifications at all. I took the silencer out and I don't think its loud at all.
Old May 9, 2008, 06:03 AM
Evolved Member

Don't mean to "one up" anybody, but I got mines in today and installed it in my garage. It took about an hour and 15 minutes to install from start to finish...fairly simple, even on my back. It sounds nice, not too loud, but deep and throaty. I can't tell a difference on the butt dyno, but I really wasn't getting on it...so who knows. I'll let the other guys chime in on that. I wasn't sure about the single exit exhaust, but I'm sold now! I love it! Sorry but these are the only pics I could get out of my camera before it died.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...3/DSCN0933.jpg
http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s...3/DSCN0930.jpg
Thank you, good sir. It looks fantastic.
Old May 9, 2008, 06:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
If you want a true 3" exhaust then this ones not for you !!! Its too big at 80mm (3.15").. the taper will be less than and equivalent 3" O.D. tubing on the inside diamter, by about 1/8". The taper should be around 72mm to 75mm O.D. So you will loose a little diameter there, but not enough to make a difference. Can someone load those pictures up on Evom from Page 3, the ones that are on Photobucket. I cant pull those up at work.

Thanks,
Brian

Old May 9, 2008, 07:05 AM

Anyone have a sound clip of this exhaust? I like the exhaust but I want to hear it rev'd up and like on the highway or something.

Lastly can you order this exhaust without the silencer?
Old May 9, 2008, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

^It fits perfectly with the stock cat, no modifications at all. I took the silencer out and I don't think its loud at all.
That right there is why the taper the exhaust at the inlet flange. To mate up perfectly making it just a bolt on affair. It appears this maybe the first exhaust that doesnt require losing or modifying the heat shield on the cat. Nice..
Old Oct 15, 2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by mikeHmikE
Anyone have a sound clip of this exhaust? I like the exhaust but I want to hear it rev'd up and like on the highway or something.

Lastly can you order this exhaust without the silencer?
There seem to be lots of videos on youtube if you search "evo x greddy ti-c"

Thanks to the posters in this thread for the feedback.

I'm guessing with this exhaust + an intake, I'd be ready for a tune
Old Oct 15, 2010, 09:52 AM

^that question was 2 years ago dude..
Old Oct 15, 2010, 04:39 PM

Haha sorry I guess that's what happens when you use SEARCH to find threads as opposed to just reading the forum list.

I wonder if the general positive attitudes/reviews towards the Ti-C still apply today?