Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Review: Greddy Ti-C

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2008, 08:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Review: Greddy Ti-C

I have had a hard time picking an exhaust for this car. It seems like everyone just slapped some sh*t together as fast as they could when the car was released without much consideration for hitting ALL of the requirements of a nice exhaust...looks, sound, quality, fitment. Lets be real though...an exhaust is nothing more than some tube and a fart can so it isn't like there needs to be any huge amount of R&D here...just some care and attention to detail. I have been really disappointed with some of the stuff that has been released. It seems like people are having some fitment problems, lengthy installs to make these fit properly, and I'll be honest...some of the welding here is beginner level. I'm no welder so how can I criticise?...but I have a welder that works for me and he can weld .065 together and make it look like there isn't even a weld there. All that said, I have also seen some with some nice looking beads in easier to weld areas. Anyone that is mig welding .049 or .065 tube together please invest in a nice tig and purge the welds. OR...put the damn thing in Inventor and send it somewhere with robotic welding

Rant Over

So I have been eagerly awaiting the Cobb dual setup. It looks fab! Who knows when it is available Had HKS offered theirs with a mid pipe I would have purchased it now. They don't. I got impatient and order the Greddy Ti-C, much against my want for a dual, sublte looking exhaust.

I purchased it from Marty at Injected Performance (vendor here) www.injectedperformance.com. I think I ordered it Tues of this week...maybe Monday. The price was REALLY good, included shipping, and it showed up a day earlier than he had promised. How can you beat that?

Fit and Finish: Welds are perfect, muffler is high quality, mounting brackets are high quality, not a scratch on it. What else can I say...it is a Greddy.

Install: I think it is funny to hear people's stories on here about their exhaust installs and how much of a pain they are. Just for fun, I timed myself from the time I raised the jack to the time I set it down. 10 minutes. Perfect fitment. Doesn't get easier than that.

Sound: It had a deep low growl, not overly loud at all. It is actually pretty quiet, but if you like the stock sound it is definately louder than that. At 65mph there is no drone, real nice low exhaust note. At full throttle it has a hint of a 2JZ growl more than a 4G63 sound. I'm extremely happy with the low sound and nice growl.

Power: What are dynos showing for a catback only and not turboback? Like 15whp? Anyone who says they can feel a drastic difference with 15hp is on dope. I can't really tell. I'm sure it is making more power, but I won't know until I dyno the car and take it to the track. I'm confident this is efficient. It is 80mm 3" ID tube, and yes it does neck down to 70mm at the flange that bolts on to the stock cat. I measured at 2-5/8 ID. Oh also, no trimming of the heat shield. Greddy used a flange that actually works unlike others.

Look: It is clean, not really the "stock" look I was going for but it is growing on me. It actually looks really nice. I suck at photos.

Thank you Greddy and Injected Performance.
Old May 9, 2008, 08:09 AM

good review man, real quick question though:

When you say it doesnt "drone" you do mean that the deep "growl" that the exhaust makes doesnt decrease correct? Is it really quiet on the freeway or does it keep that nice deep sound to it?
Old May 9, 2008, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mikeHmikE
good review man, real quick question though:

When you say it doesnt "drone" you do mean that the deep "growl" that the exhaust makes doesnt decrease correct? Is it really quiet on the freeway or does it keep that nice deep sound to it?
At highway speed it is near stock, but just a tad deeper. Step your foot into it (hopefully not breaking the pedal off ) and you get a nice growl as you come into boost. With a downpipe and test pipe I'm sure it will get considerably louder, but from inside the cabin it is a nice.
Old May 9, 2008, 08:22 AM

^Ya I cant use a test pipe cause in viginia we have emissions =( so a downpipe I could do but I need my cat to pass the emissions test.

Im looking for a exhaust that keeps that nice deep sound while on the freeway and doesnt drone out bascially
Old May 9, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
sound clips please!
Old May 9, 2008, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

That's the exhaust I'd rock if I wanted to kill my stealth DD X
Old May 9, 2008, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in...placing order now! lol
Old May 9, 2008, 09:06 AM
Evolved Member

What good is a review without a sound clip?

Just kidding, nice writeup.

But really, where is the sound clip :P
Old May 9, 2008, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

Great review. Sounds exactly what I was looking for. You reasoning process behind getting it is exactly the same as mine. I wanted a dual system, the HKS looks awesome, but is just a muffler and tips, the 5zigen looks nice, but on the small side and expesive side at 60.5mm and $950 or so. The singles are growing on me and are much less expensive, but most dont fit without modification. The Greddy fits, looks, and sounds good (at least from your review), and is a good bargain if you get it from the right place, if you know what I mean.. And it installs in 10 minutes, with no heat shield issues..

Cant wait for mine to come today. UPS truck, hurry up. 5 oclock hurry up too.

Brian
Old May 9, 2008, 10:02 AM

Get some sound clips up =)

I want to hear a greedy catback exhaust on an evo x
Old May 9, 2008, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

I will put up a sound clip after lunch. I'm not sure how accurate these silly sounds clips are after being filtered through the mic into the camera, into the computer, then out of your speakers
Old May 9, 2008, 10:13 AM

^lol ya I know but its still nice to just have an idea of the sound in idle/rev'd etc
Old May 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Just bought the DP and Exhaust...so I'll post some comparison vids with the DP once I get it on.
Old May 9, 2008, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Impressive, waiting for some sound clips
Old May 9, 2008, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

very nice. Looks just like the exhaust we built for my car. And ours was not loud at all with the stock Cat. Wait til you do a test pipe.

with our exhaust, we use a 3" flange that does NOT require trimming of the heat shield and we use a full 3" pipe with no neck down.

If you want a test pipe, let me know man. We have them in stock and they do not throw a CEL light!!! It will bolt right up to that exhaust.

Quick Reply: Review: Greddy Ti-C