Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's Air Intake shield

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2008, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very good results today. The new air fitler shield was installed on the filter and the car was started. It was allowed to run for 15-20 minutes with the A/C on. No issues what-so-ever, perfection. Then Jarrod removed the shield and as soon as he did the idle stumbled when the fan came on, while the fan was still on he simply held the shield back in place and the idle went back to normal.

Indy, I'd love to see some carbon fiber parts but as you and I discussed, not sure how much people are willing to spend on a part such as this.

Thank you for getting the prototype done so quickly, you are the man.
Old Jun 23, 2008, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Id be willing to take a CF piece if the price was reasonable, especially if it was limited in production.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

I definately would get a CF one, obviously I need to get the X first. But once I do, I would be more than willing to pay a little extra for a little eye candy.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In car shots:

Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:30 AM
Evolving Member

So when will these things be ready to ship? I bought the filter kit last week. I haven't had any issues..then agian I haven't been able to drive my car..blown clutch. Do we get a discount one the shield, if we got the kit from you Dave? Just thought I'd try...
Old Jun 25, 2008, 06:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
The mold is finished. I HOPE to have product to ship next week sometime.

Yes, if someone has already bought a filter from us we are going to work out the pricing in kit for for the filter and shield and we will pass along that kit discount to anyone who already bought the filter.

We appreciate all of your business!

Just as a side not, want to thank everyone for keeping us so busy on the EVO X stuff. Our EVO X parts are selling extremely fast, much faster than I had anticipated. So, THANK YOU.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LoKiEvo
I definately would get a CF one, obviously I need to get the X first. But once I do, I would be more than willing to pay a little extra for a little eye candy.

+1 on seeing a pic of the carbon fiber one
Old Jun 26, 2008, 01:40 PM
Former Sponsor

I saw the plug and the molds this morning, and they look awesome. This component is being built by the same guys that do Indy, NASCAR and F1 components and repairs. They are of the best quality and materials available. David wil have the first ones early next week and we will gear up based on demand. Thanks, Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 26, 2008 at 03:21 PM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks that discount sounds awesome!! I placed my order online, so will that be a problem? I know tuning ain't cheap. Its good to see you actually care about what you make. Any word on pricing?
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:46 AM

Woo hopefully this comes out soon, ive been hesitant using my AC in the city due to the erratic idle issue.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 01:16 AM
Evolving Member

I definately think CF is the way to go, that thing just sticks out way to much. Not that I really care to much as long as it's doing that mechanical job it is meant to do. But good looking is always a bonus.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

The minute you release a CF version is the minute I order the whole filter kit. I don't think price would be a concern to anyone because your prices are very competitive to begin with.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolving Member

This is what i rigged up for my Evo 8. i did it for two reasons - heat and water. when i went thru a car wash it would occationally get a bog down after i was done like the filter was water soaked. I have a siebon cf hood and just the mesh vent, no diverter.

i need to get an updated picture with the weatherstripping and cleaned up!!!

i think the shield is a great thing for the heat and water as well as the air flow issue.

you guys have awesome and proven products, just wish i had more money to spend with you guys

STevo
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fmly evo
This is what i rigged up for my Evo 8. i did it for two reasons - heat and water. when i went thru a car wash it would occationally get a bog down after i was done like the filter was water soaked. I have a siebon cf hood and just the mesh vent, no diverter.

i need to get an updated picture with the weatherstripping and cleaned up!!!

i think the shield is a great thing for the heat and water as well as the air flow issue.

you guys have awesome and proven products, just wish i had more money to spend with you guys

STevo
looks good but i would suggest for you to route the stock air guid on there so that it has a cold air source. without it, it would just still suck the hot air in the engine bay.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by andrewzaragoza
looks good but i would suggest for you to route the stock air guid on there so that it has a cold air source. without it, it would just still suck the hot air in the engine bay.

someone else told me that.... i will work on it this weekend!!!!!

STevo

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing's Air Intake shield