Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

AEM Cold Air Intake Systems for EVO X is now C.A.R.B Certified!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2008, 03:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AEM Cold Air Intake Systems for EVO X is now C.A.R.B Certified!!

Its on the CARB site with an EO D-392-31...Print it out and stick it in your glovebox...Can probably call AEM and have them send the sticker also...
Old Sep 16, 2008, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow that was really fast... now it gonna feel good to be safe from the cops for those who has the AEM intake
Old Sep 16, 2008, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

do you have the link for it?
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
haha... cali sucks.

this reminds me of that video way back like 6 years ago where California breaks off and floats away. That would be nice.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

nice, just emailed them well see whats up.
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:14 PM
Evolving Member

Gosh way to cut and paste my post from norcalevo hahaha...Just messin with ya...

Originally Posted by Speed Element
Its on the CARB site with an EO D-392-31...Print it out and stick it in your glovebox...Can probably call AEM and have them send the sticker also...
Old Sep 17, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

lets see if they email you back
Old Sep 17, 2008, 01:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow! That was quick. Nice Job AEM!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

got an email back, he said they won't be out for another 3-4 weeks. but we need to send an invoice or something to show we purchased the intake with out mailing address and they will get us a carb sticker.
Old Sep 17, 2008, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ddawg1130
haha... cali sucks.

this reminds me of that video way back like 6 years ago where California breaks off and floats away. That would be nice.

trust me man, Cali is not that bad. Hawaii is the most horrible place to have a modified car. They have safety checks over here instead of smog checks, and trust me, safety checks are MUCH worse. People are always complaining about smog in CA, when in reality, it's not hard at all. Slap on a CAT and you're good. If you can't pass visual, go to someone you know or someone that someone else knows. It's WAY too easy to pass smog in CA.

To pass safety in Hawaii is a *****! You can't have limo tints, no one's around to hook you up. You can't have HIDs on a non-HID car, and so forth.

Oh and if you mod ur suspension or get bigger wheels (bigger than 1 1/2) you have to get this thing called "Recon". Otherwise you'll get a ticket. TRUST ME, CA IS A MUCH better place to have a modded car.

Unless you're in SoCal and in an area where the cops are *****ES!!!
Old Sep 17, 2008, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by chuynh207
trust me man, Cali is not that bad. Hawaii is the most horrible place to have a modified car. They have safety checks over here instead of smog checks, and trust me, safety checks are MUCH worse. People are always complaining about smog in CA, when in reality, it's not hard at all. Slap on a CAT and you're good. If you can't pass visual, go to someone you know or someone that someone else knows. It's WAY too easy to pass smog in CA.

To pass safety in Hawaii is a *****! You can't have limo tints, no one's around to hook you up. You can't have HIDs on a non-HID car, and so forth.

Oh and if you mod ur suspension or get bigger wheels (bigger than 1 1/2) you have to get this thing called "Recon". Otherwise you'll get a ticket. TRUST ME, CA IS A MUCH better place to have a modded car.

Unless you're in SoCal and in an area where the cops are *****ES!!!
^^ true dat
Old Sep 18, 2008, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

Nice that they got a CARB number, but in the state of Calif-NI-A you do not need a carb sticker on intakes anymore. It is under the new smog code. So now if a cop says you need a CARB sticker and you're getting a ref ticket because of the intake. Ask him to show you the updated laws, or call him out on it big time, or if all else fails tell him to call his supervisor . They will get nervous to whether you are right .
Old Sep 22, 2008, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by holyfrickster
Nice that they got a CARB number, but in the state of Calif-NI-A you do not need a carb sticker on intakes anymore. It is under the new smog code. So now if a cop says you need a CARB sticker and you're getting a ref ticket because of the intake. Ask him to show you the updated laws, or call him out on it big time, or if all else fails tell him to call his supervisor . They will get nervous to whether you are right .
Not that I have any reason to doubt you, but can you show me where it says this on the DMV/CHP website? Just want to know the exactly wording of this new law. Thanks!
Old Sep 22, 2008, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by holyfrickster
If this was true why would AEM get the intake CARB approved? I heard its pricey to get items approved. Seems like if the law was true then no one would submit applications for CARB approval.
Old Dec 28, 2009, 09:46 PM

Does anyone have an AEM carb sticker that they can sell/give me?