Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X clutches and Tranny rebuilt

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Evo X clutches and Tranny rebuilt

Well my ACT pressure plate and baring took a crap on my car. So I was doing some search on here about some other clutches and was wondering if more people have updates on other clutch besides the ACT on the Evo X. I was thinking twin disc this time and need to hold over 500 awhp on a MD.

Also I was thinking of having my tranny rebuilt since i have to pull the d@mn thing out anyways. Does any one know of shops rebuilding the Evo X tranny already.

Any reviews would be nice. And i had my eye on the exedy twin disc. Just a lil upset that the ACT pressure plate took a **** on me. I can still drive the car its just when i take of normal the whole dang drivetrain vibrates.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've driven an Evo X with a Clutchmasters Stage 4 and it drove great. It did have a little bit of an on/off feel when starting out in 1st gear, but I got use to it after a half-day of driving. The clutch held almost 400whp with no problems and was just as quiet as the factory clutch. The clutch pedal weight was also the same as stock.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
Well my ACT pressure plate and baring took a crap on my car. So I was doing some search on here about some other clutches and was wondering if more people have updates on other clutch besides the ACT on the Evo X. I was thinking twin disc this time and need to hold over 500 awhp on a MD.

Also I was thinking of having my tranny rebuilt since i have to pull the d@mn thing out anyways. Does any one know of shops rebuilding the Evo X tranny already.

Any reviews would be nice. And i had my eye on the exedy twin disc. Just a lil upset that the ACT pressure plate took a **** on me. I can still drive the car its just when i take of normal the whole dang drivetrain vibrates.

Joe, I don't understand, did the ACT damage your car/tranny?
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

I got the exedy twin disk, it's being installed and will be done on Monday. I'll let you know if I like it or not. Spent over $1,500 on it, it's def not cheap!
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont think anyone has rebuilt one yer.. I was next to Scott@ TTP a few weeks ago and he was talking to Shep on the phone, and he had said that he hasnt even opened one up yet
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Beware the twin clutches are blowing up the clutch cylinder, do a search and carrito.net posted some info on a upgraded pump from a shop in PR, and i think extreme is working on one too.

I have not heard of upgraded components for the X 5sp, but you could always do cryo treatment and stuff like that.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Papi4baby
Beware the twin clutches are blowing up the clutch cylinder, do a search and carrito.net posted some info on a upgraded pump from a shop in PR, and i think extreme is working on one too.

I have not heard of upgraded components for the X 5sp, but you could always do cryo treatment and stuff like that.
Seems like its not the disks thats causing the damages, its the pressure plates
Old Dec 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
Seems like its not the disks thats causing the damages, its the pressure plates
Right, well i meant twin clutches in general put too much stress on the plastic
OEM cylinder, and i heard they brake in half.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ADVANT123
I've driven an Evo X with a Clutchmasters Stage 4 and it drove great. It did have a little bit of an on/off feel when starting out in 1st gear, but I got use to it after a half-day of driving. The clutch held almost 400whp with no problems and was just as quiet as the factory clutch. The clutch pedal weight was also the same as stock.
Hey thanks for the review on this clutch I look into this one as well. Is this a Single disk clutch?

Originally Posted by tsitalon1
Joe, I don't understand, did the ACT damage your car/tranny?
No it just seem like I got a faulty ACT clutch (ebay lol). The clutch its self as a lot of life but the pressure plate and barings took a crap on me. When i go to take off normal the whole drivetrain just starts to shake. But once i am rolling it all good. i took it to mitsu and they said it was the clutch pressure plate.

Originally Posted by ZEUS EVOX
I got the exedy twin disk, it's being installed and will be done on Monday. I'll let you know if I like it or not. Spent over $1,500 on it, it's def not cheap!
Yes plz give me a review on this asap. I no you can beat on it for a lil bit but any review will help. And was it $1,500 just for the clutch or clutch and install?????

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
I dont think anyone has rebuilt one yer.. I was next to Scott@ TTP a few weeks ago and he was talking to Shep on the phone, and he had said that he hasnt even opened one up yet
Ya I am going to have to do a lil research on this. Someone some where as had to start a rebuilt on these. Theres evo x's out there with over 500 - 600 awhp already. And since i have to pull the tranny out anyways i was just thinking to getting it rebuilt because ill be running about 500awhp.

Ya i did not know this. Ill have to PM carrito.net and ask them about this. So do they have a aftermarket clutch cylinder for this thing yet????

I might look into that as well.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by Joe's Evo X
Hey thanks for the review on this clutch I look into this one as well. Is this a Single disk clutch?
Yes:

http://www.clutchmasters.com/shop/?p...37&AppID=19443
Old Dec 11, 2008, 08:50 AM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
We have the EXEDY twins available: HERE

Old Dec 11, 2008, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

More info here:

http://carrito.net/board/showthread.php?t=181005

Old Dec 11, 2008, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

^ Is it me or is that link in spanish. Can someone translate please : )
Old Dec 11, 2008, 05:01 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Se habla espanol y mi llamo es Tilton.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Bruuuuupppp! Sorry yes the site is in spanish people, but the pictures and specs are not!

Please let me know any doubts or questions, I'll do my best to help!

Quick Reply: Evo X clutches and Tranny rebuilt