Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Engine knock after exhaust and AccessPORT install

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2009, 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
while this likely isn't the issue because you said you uninstalled the AP and still had the problem, but I didn't see it mentioned here that the stage 1 map is not for any mods.. it is for just a stock car... i'm sure you knew that, but just thought i'd throw it out there that if you are going to have an exhaust that you should either get to stage 2, or uninstall the AP and wait until you get the rest of the stuff to take it to stage 2 as it likely won't run correctly on stage 1 while you do have the exhaust.
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Stage 1 map says that it can be used with a cat back exhaust on an otherwise stock car, so I don't expect that to be an issue. As it turns out, I do have a leak in the exhaust where the center pipe connects to the muffler section. I had to order a new gasket which I don't have yet, but I expect this to be the cause of the sound I am hearing. We were also able to tweak the Stage 1 map to eliminate all of the knock that it was picking up. The car now feels like it is performing like it should. Thanks again for the suggestions, guys.