Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X Intake Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2013, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Panel only

Mighty Car Mods did a compair panel vs ram intake vs cold air intake.
It makes for a pretty cool watch youtube it they dyno test all.
From what they show and what other owners have told me a intake is no different then a panel in power gain once you are tuned.
Most say a intake is only really needed when running a bigger turbo with a bigger then stock inlet.

That being said are car already have a snorkel to collect cold out side air plus the box is already able to pass a lot of air the only thing is getting a good panel that flows free with out passing a lot of micro dust through it.

$99 for a good panel or $120+ for a good intake that once tuned will produce around the same numbers maby slightly more?

Watch the vid to get a better comparison

Cold Air Mythbust

Pod Filter Mythbust
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Ok. So a drop in air filter utilizing the stock air box it is.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice! I like this !
Old Apr 11, 2013, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hackerrei
Mighty Car Mods did a compair panel vs ram intake vs cold air intake.
It makes for a pretty cool watch youtube it they dyno test all.
From what they show and what other owners have told me a intake is no different then a panel in power gain once you are tuned.
Most say a intake is only really needed when running a bigger turbo with a bigger then stock inlet.

That being said are car already have a snorkel to collect cold out side air plus the box is already able to pass a lot of air the only thing is getting a good panel that flows free with out passing a lot of micro dust through it.

$99 for a good panel or $120+ for a good intake that once tuned will produce around the same numbers maby slightly more?

Watch the vid to get a better comparison

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCi2yo4UqPI Cold Air Mythbust

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAIxeQUSg-Q Pod Filter Mythbust

I watched this not to long ago it really made me think however most systems are proven (ETS,AMS) to create more power. Just because one RB25 does not respond to an intake does not necessarily mean all automobiles will not respond to a new intake system.
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

Most of those gains are on stock tune and VS the stock filter not a higher flowing panel like K&N or HKS.
K&N's panel performs the same numbers as the intake with out the upper pipe that is comes with.
Intakes are not needed on a stock setup to make power when a tune will equal out the gains.
From what I have been told by fellow members they are needed when running bigger turbo's for fitment and the needed bigger air inflow.
But if a panel makes just as much power as a intake your really spending that extra money on looks or a brand which if thats what your looking for cool.
Just trying to say he does not need to spend all that money if he did not have too our any one else.

No need to buy some thing when you don't need to right?