Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ultimate Racing exhaust broke in half

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2009, 07:12 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lightbulb

Our entire Evo X product line is made in-house.

Guys, this is the first midpipe we've had break. I'm not dismissing the fact that it may be a faulty weld, but we have not received the part back yet. In fact, we opted to replace the part before arranging to have the original sent back for inspection.

Any company that sells a manufactured product with the volume that we do is bound to have a an occasional hiccup. Even OEM products sometimes have problems. It's just unfortunate that we've had a couple happen at the same time on these forums, and during a long weekend. The important part is that we'll always support our customers. We've got one of the best warranties in the industry and I don't think there will be a single customer of ours out there that will dispute that.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Darryl@Ultimate Racing

Guys, this is the first midpipe we've had break. I'm not dismissing the fact that it may be a faulty weld, but we have not received the part back yet. In fact, we opted to replace the part before arranging to have the original sent back for inspection.

Any company that sells a manufactured product with the volume that we do is bound to have a an occasional hiccup. Even OEM products sometimes have problems. It's just unfortunate that we've had a couple happen at the same time on these forums, and during a long weekend. The important part is that we'll always support our customers. We've got one of the best warranties in the industry and I don't think there will be a single customer of ours out there that will dispute that.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Can't argue with that. When this type of thing has occurred which has been 3 times that I've seen so far. All I hear is "they shipped me a new one right away" from the people who have had the problem.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:21 AM
Evolving Member

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Great to see the manufacture stand behind its product!
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

UR welds are not the best in my opinion. i had a LICP from them that has a blatant hole in the middle of the weld before even trying to install it. they're willing to replace it without question, but it does burn a lot of time, especially since they're located in canada.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

like i said, great customer service.
Old Oct 14, 2009, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

I have a variety of UR parts on my car...best bang for the buck, without a doubt. You can get higher quality but you'll pay 50% more. I know, I have on a few things...
Old Oct 17, 2009, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

new part came yesterday, just got it installed. back to running order. one less thing to worry about. thanks again Daryll
Old Oct 17, 2009, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

I ordered and installed the UR Ti Tip turboback w/ minimuffler the day it came out *the Ti one. I've put around 8000km on it since then in weather ranging from 30C to -15C in that time. I haven't had any problems. I drive the car hard. Ill be keeping an eye out now though.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:10 PM

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com

So that means i can send you pictures of my 2 broken UR dp´s for Evo X´s and we get a solution for that........

Alex
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by EvolutionVI
So that means i can send you pictures of my 2 broken UR dp´s for Evo X´s and we get a solution for that........

Alex
Yes.

Darryl
www.ultimate-racing.com
Old Nov 5, 2009, 01:13 PM

Will send you pictures tomorrow.

best regards
Alex
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

I have lost faith in UR. time to check out T1R
Old Dec 2, 2009, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by jerrym
I have lost faith in UR. time to check out T1R
Why? Because of the quality or replacement policy? From replies from this thread I can see it can't be because of the replacement policy...
Old Dec 3, 2009, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

I have UR full turboback and I love it. For the price I paid, if something were ever to break, the way Darryl stands behind the work, I feel completely satisfied. And he just helped me out getting fuel pump and install setup in 2 days from Canada to Texas :-)
Old Dec 3, 2009, 03:17 PM

I just put on my UR test pipe, sounds great. why UR u say? well for one im not spending way more money than i should be, and the other reason is because i hear their customer service is awesome.

Quick Reply: Ultimate Racing exhaust broke in half