Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

HKS bolt on BB turbo.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2010, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody know when these will be available?
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:44 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's not going to be any better than FP's current selection, BB or not.

It WILL cost more though.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Looks about like fp green territory.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tribal
HKS is played out, they are just tryin to compete with FP .
since when does making high quality products with actual real R&D hours played out?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 01:43 AM
Evolving Member

Has anyone looked closely to the graph? it's OUTSPOOLING the stock evo 9 turbo, while making 70hp more up top!!!!! this is not fp or bbk territory, this is a new territory
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by darwin_evo
Has anyone looked closely to the graph? it's OUTSPOOLING the stock evo 9 turbo, while making 70hp more up top!!!!! this is not fp or bbk territory, this is a new territory
+1

All of the negative comments made on here by people have either missed this point or don't want to accept this as possible.

I'm looking forward to this. If any one can get BB to work effectively with stock frame style housings, its probably HKS.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chebosto
since when does making high quality products with actual real R&D hours played out?
Maybe thats the problem, you spend so much time on R&D that by the time you release the product some one else has made something better and at a fraction of the cost.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvieira24
It's not going to be any better than FP's current selection, BB or not.

It WILL cost more though.
Maybe thats the problem, you spend so much time on R&D that by the time you release the product some one else has made something better and at a fraction of the cost.
Wow. It hasn't even been released yet and people know how it will perform, or should i say wont preform. It's comical.

The tiny bit of info been release makes it look like it has great potential, but its already been written off by people.

I say lets wait and see before making sweeping statements.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weap0n
Wow. It hasn't even been released yet and people know how it will perform, or should i say wont preform. It's comical.

The tiny bit of info been release makes it look like it has great potential, but its already been written off by people.

I say lets wait and see before making sweeping statements.
I see what your saying, thats just my opinion. It might have the potential to be a good turbo however the competition is just too great. There are just too many great proven turbos out there that cost less and perform flawlessly.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:11 AM
Evolving Member

I see what your saying, thats just my opinion. It might have the potential to be a good turbo however the competition is just too great. There are just too many great proven turbos out there that cost less and perform flawlessly.
I agree. I feel that it will have to do something really special to sell well, especially in the US market where FP turbos, etc are available so cheap.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by weap0n
I agree. I feel that it will have to do something really special to sell well, especially in the US market where FP turbos, etc are available so cheap.
Thats pretty much what I was thinking myself, I keep and open mind maybe it will be a good turbo for some one. Its good to note the mods this vehicle had with this turbo kit...imagine putting an fp black on a vehicle with these mods. this wasn't a stock ecu vehicle.

• Development vehicle specifications 
HKS GT II 7460R S.T.K.
HKS racing section Kit
HKS forged Pistons
HKS FUEL UPGRADE KIT
Conrad HKS
HKS Super Turbo Muffler (prototype)
HKS camshaft + balcony
Metal HKS catalyzer
HKS R type intercooler 
HKS F-CON iS
HKS oil cooler HKS EVC5
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by darwin_evo
If it can do that on the X then I'm down for it and will get it at some point down the road. I've been looking for a turbo that can do that but have yet to find one.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:20 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 66 Likes on 42 Posts

how come the power/torque graphs dont cross at 5250rpm?
Old Apr 29, 2010, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tephra

how come the power/torque graphs dont cross at 5250rpm?
That seem a little weird to me as well.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:14 AM
Evolving Member

Maybe a repost: Here the english PDF http://www.hks-power.co.jp/db/produc...1004-AM001.pdf

I don't know, but I'm a little bit sceptical about the HKS GTII Turbo.

First of all the tested engine is so far away from standard and the ECU as well I'll trust nothing.

Second:

HKS told they use a housing by heat resistant steel for increased durability... ??? There are so much OEM Turbos with more than 100.000 miles on it... I think there is no need for a better material and most time the OEM material is the best. If HKS would use a 1.4848 steel.. .OK... but if they would use it, HKS would write it... To talk about better material without any argument can write everybody

Third:

Every ballbearing turbo has NOT more durability... It is less... All the vibrations hurt the bearings. A journal bearing turbo is much more better for a long life, because all the vibrations are damped by oil. Just remember... Why does all OEM Turbos for stock powerful turbo cars has journal bearing ? Audi/VW with the 1.8T, 2.0T cars and 2,5T Audi TT RS ... All journal bearing... BMW 335i... Journal Bearing... If BB would be so great for a long durability all manufacture would use it.

I'm for sure HKS is a very very knowledgeable companie with a lot of experience but they can only cook with water.

WAIT... Maybe this part is nice, but maybe not better as competitors a in my opinion... All not BB is more reliable.

Peter

Last edited by Peter10654; Apr 29, 2010 at 06:17 AM.

Quick Reply: HKS bolt on BB turbo.