Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

S-AYC technical information

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2011, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
S-AYC technical information

There's a very good (and official) technical information manual for the ASC, but I can find almost nothing for the S-AYC. The ASC manual refers you to part 22B of the standard manual for information on the S-AYC, but 22B actually has almost nothing useful, just a bunch of diagnostics. What I am after is a clear description of how the relevant ECU uses yaw, steering input, etc, to set the clamping pressure of the clutches in the rear diff and when does it add in braking (assuming that you haven't turned this off using the ASC-off button).

From what I have been able to piece together, the S-AWC button (i.e., the tarmac/gravel/snow button) not only changes the clamping and releasing behavior of the ACD, but also changes the behavior of the rear diff (and maybe the AYC braking, as well). I'd like to know more about this, as well, especially if the aftermarket ECUs for the ACD (e.g., GEMS) also change the behavior of the rear diff.

Any help appreciated, but please provide references, preferably in the form of URLs.
Old Jul 6, 2011, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh for seventy [views]? Crud. Although I will take this as evidence that my googling skills are at least average, since I can't find anything good, either.