Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Depo Racing FMIC any good?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2011, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
works great for me
Old Aug 7, 2011, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by kindawg
If you follow Tim's posts, his stuff comes from overseas because it has to clear customs. From what I collected Tim specs out a piece and sends it overseas to be made, which in terms saves us alot of money in the process.

ETS, AMS, CBRD... Folks these are all awesome shops, which reside in the USA, which make some great parts for our cars. We do not have cheap labor, our cost of living is nuts, I work for a small business which most of these shops are and our overhead is crazy, between rent, heating, salaries, equipment costs, etc.

That's why the prices are high.

Put it into perspective, If someone tried to sell you some bent stainless steel 2.5" pipe for $250 for a piece 4 feet long....... would you do it? HELL NO, but these shops are expensive to run, and they need to cover their asses.

It's kinda like saying this $37,000 Chrysler Mini Van is nicer that your $34,000 Evo because it costs more.

What I'm trying to say is that the saying "you get what you pay for" isn't always true.

Just because it's cheap, don't dismiss it, we need to get some hard facts on it first, on the dyno.

Don't forget however, support your shops, they are the ones who develop new products!

I agree, not to mention the time it takes to R&D Something, someone has to pay someone to spend time and make the piece right before it goes into production, while all these companies that are manufactured over seas are doing is taking one of these real parts, sending them over seas and having someone copy them for a fraction of the cost.

some people look at it as "it's cheaper and it works the same what's the problem?" but no one stops to think who designed it is not getting funds to design more good products for our cars, and soon our market will be left with nothing but knock off's and bad parts.

look at the 240sx and Honda comunity. all the companies who used to make real parts for those cars are either no longer in business or discontinued because everyone is buying the knock off parts made over seas.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I just got tuned @ ivey with the depo racing fmic and uicp. Also had a hks panel filter, turbo xs tbe, and aem truboost. Came out at 323whp/327tq. Couldn't be happier and the anodized black looks great!
Old Oct 1, 2011, 10:09 PM

I've been running the depo for a while w/no issues. Im only making 349hp/385tq, so not really pushing it...would likely upgrade if (when) I go fp red. Really comes down to personal preference, it is a very nice ic at a great price.
Old Oct 23, 2011, 04:25 PM
Former Sponsor

I just got the Depo 3.5" with a 3" lower outlet, solid, nice welds, last one cooled like a champ. Heres a pic I got off the other site. Install soon, waiting on Depo 3" LICP , hopefully monday/tues.
Attached Thumbnails Depo Racing FMIC any good?-photoww.jpg  

Last edited by DepoRacing; Oct 23, 2011 at 04:28 PM.
Old Sep 3, 2012, 09:39 AM
Evolving Member

I have the Depo UICP and I ordered the black FMIC and LICP. I was dyno'd with my AP intake and CNT catless turboback, and I hit 282 (50 higher than stock). I am also adding FIC 850cc injectors, GrimmSpeed EBC and probably GSC cams before my tune so I can't give accurate power gain numbers but I'm curious to see what each FMIC does on the same car on the same dyno on the same day...
Old Sep 6, 2012, 01:12 AM

Make sure and order a 3"-2.5" reducer coupler and clamps with his intercooler, i just installed it and had to wait an extra week because he does not mention this in his ad. just FYI.
Old Jun 27, 2013, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by imdrax
Make sure and order a 3"-2.5" reducer coupler and clamps with his intercooler, i just installed it and had to wait an extra week because he does not mention this in his ad. just FYI.
Just my two cents but I had a recent bad experience with Timtam guy at dep0 R@cing. Refused to answer emails, shafted on shipping/refund and wrong part sent. Take that for what its worth. Totally unprofessional seller IMO and I'm not the only one who has been burnt by this guy.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 09:39 AM
Former Sponsor

^^^

I wont turn this thread into back and forth. I sent 1 uicp kit and 1 licp kit and missed one uicp kit. My bad , and most guys will tell you I go above and beyond for my customers, but the nasty emails don't fly, I had to send you to the spam folder. I refunded for the full uicp kit plus shipping for the one uicp kit.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Depo FMIC kits are priced accordingly. It's pretty and will do the job.

Other companies will charge a lot more for their name.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Depo Racing
^^^

I wont turn this thread into back and forth. I sent 1 uicp kit and 1 licp kit and missed one uicp kit. My bad , and most guys will tell you I go above and beyond for my customers, but the nasty emails don't fly, I had to send you to the spam folder. I refunded for the full uicp kit plus shipping for the one uicp kit.
+1
Tim is a great guy! Been organising frequent group purchases for my pals & Tim ensures the items are delivered on time.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by imdrax
Is this for the UICP or the LICP? I have an ETS UICP and was wondering before I buy this core.
Old Jun 29, 2013, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

^^^

Tim is legit for sure. He took the time to answer numerous pms i sent him and I have his 3.5" FMIC on my X with a BBX turbo running around in Texas heat with no issues. I've had the intercooler for over 6 months now with no issues.

Thanks again Tim.
Old Jun 30, 2013, 09:59 PM

^^^

Point of clarification Tim:

1. I didn't ask for a refund - I wanted the second UICP not a refund.

2. Since when was shipping to Australia $10 because that's what I got refunded. So I am technically out of pocket at least $20 for shipping because of your oversight.

3. The fact that you can send an angry customer query to the spam folder speaks for itself.

Take it for what it is and FWIW - I am unhappy about my Depo racing experience and I wouldn't go back there.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 08:45 AM
Former Sponsor

I'm sure you are happy with the parts that you did get. All you had to do is write me like a human being, not swearing and making all the demands. The Licp kit weighs most , most shipping was for that.

Quick Reply: Depo Racing FMIC any good?