Whining noise when cold and driving slow - Page 2 - EvolutionM - Mitsubishi Lancer and Lancer Evolution Community

Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Whining noise when cold and driving slow

Reply

 
 
 
Old Feb 19, 2014, 09:38 AM
  #16  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 50
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
@Shadowreaper, how did the bearing change do?
dw0095 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2014, 03:29 AM
  #17  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still waiting for them!
shadowreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2014, 08:00 AM
  #18  
Newbie
iTrader: (1)
 
ignitionr34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chicago
Posts: 75
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I actually get a noise when it's cold outside too.
ignitionr34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2014, 06:30 PM
  #19  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got my car back today - was a cold day this morning. Most of the noise is gone now. Looks like possibly the other one is also slowly failing as well. Will need to wait for one more cold day to leave it overnight for them to confirm.
shadowreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2018, 02:47 PM
  #20  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Rockford
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know this is old but did replacing the driveshaft centre bearings solve the issue? Did you replace 31107 and 31109? I'm having the same issues and its driving me insane. Thanks!
mattacus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2018, 07:22 PM
  #21  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bearings

Originally Posted by mattacus View Post
I know this is old but did replacing the driveshaft centre bearings solve the issue? Did you replace 31107 and 31109? I'm having the same issues and its driving me insane. Thanks!
I don't have access to the parts replaced due to it being a warranty repair, but that does sound about right. They were both replaced just not at the same time. (one was louder than the other)
shadowreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2018, 06:41 PM
  #22  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Rockford
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowreaper View Post
I don't have access to the parts replaced due to it being a warranty repair, but that does sound about right. They were both replaced just not at the same time. (one was louder than the other)
Thanks for the reply! Great, so the soundĎs completely resolved? Do you by any chance have the original clip of the noise so I can compare with the noise I am having? Thanks
mattacus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 03:30 AM
  #23  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yes it did. Luckily I found it and reuploaded it:

Originally Posted by mattacus View Post


Thanks for the reply! Great, so the soundĎs completely resolved? Do you by any chance have the original clip of the noise so I can compare with the noise I am having? Thanks
shadowreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 01:24 PM
  #24  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Rockford
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowreaper View Post
Yes it did. Luckily I found it and reuploaded it: https://youtu.be/x-JGNc3zdtQ
Thanks thatís exactly the noise Iím hearing! Did you do anything to make them last longer? Guessing you didnít have this issue again.
mattacus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2018, 07:23 PM
  #25  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattacus View Post


Thanks thatís exactly the noise Iím hearing! Did you do anything to make them last longer? Guessing you didnít have this issue again.
I got rid of the car in 2016 before DCP ran out. During the time I had it, it was in the shop too much. I was starting to have issues with the transmissions again and would have required a clutch pack which was changed to be a wear item on the SST. instead of warranty. Total warranty repair costs in 4 years: Almost $32000.
shadowreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2018, 09:00 AM
  #26  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Rockford
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowreaper View Post
I got rid of the car in 2016 before DCP ran out. During the time I had it, it was in the shop too much. I was starting to have issues with the transmissions again and would have required a clutch pack which was changed to be a wear item on the SST. instead of warranty. Total warranty repair costs in 4 years: Almost $32000.
Oh yeah? Iíve got the SST. What issues were you having with the transmission?
mattacus is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 22, 2018, 07:12 AM
  #27  
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waterloo
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattacus View Post


Oh yeah? Iíve got the SST. What issues were you having with the transmission?
Around 2100rpm in first gear it would slip and make the whole car shake. The first time they replaced the whole transmission, the second time just the clutch packs. It was starting to do it again, but found out about DCP not covering it anymore ($7000ish) to replace.

shadowreaper is offline  
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
Tarvi Trees
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain
2
Apr 4, 2016 11:36 PM
Rival Legendary
Evo General
7
Oct 15, 2015 04:43 PM
Std Seven
Lancer General
2
Dec 21, 2014 09:29 PM
EvoJoeIX
Evo General
24
Apr 20, 2013 06:25 PM
ogrenator
Evo X General
2
Dec 27, 2012 10:30 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: