Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Apexi Evolution R Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2014, 05:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Apexi Evolution R Exhaust

Hey guys,

Anyone have any experience with the Apexi Evolution R exhaust for the Evo X? I can't find any clips on Youtube or anywhere for it.

Any idea on what kind of sound this would produce or how loud I could expect it to be?

Looks like it may hang a bit lower than other exhausts with those mufflers, do you think I'd have issues scraping too much with Swift Spec R lowered springs?

http://www.apexi-usa.com/store/exhau...ion-x-819.html
Old Feb 19, 2015, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been looking at this exhaust recently as the price is quite good.

Does any one have one, keen to know if it creates any drone inside the car. Keen to hear any feedback.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 08:52 PM

I'd like to get some info on this too since I'm in the market for one.
Old Feb 20, 2015, 09:27 PM

I have one on my car. Have had it for about 8 months now and it's great.

When I ordered it I thought it was going to be way too loud and drone in the car but went ahead with it because it was a good price. I was surprised to find there is no drone when cruising and it's not overly loud when accelerating hard either. It has a nice note without being over the top.

Mine is only cat back at this stage, so presumably it will get a bit louder with the dump pipe and high flow cat.

I was also worried it might be too low as the mufflers hang down a bit. I haven't had any problems scraping up driveways or on speed humps though. My car is lowered on Swift Spec R springs with MR Bilstein dampers.

Hope this helps, I recommend it.
Old Feb 22, 2015, 02:53 AM

Thanks Phantom x
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:16 PM

Hey Phantom x could post some pictures of the exhaust on the car, I just realized this is the exhaust I'm trying to get some info about. How was the fitment, quality, and are you still pleased with it

Thanks!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 01:11 AM

I tried this exhaust on my car as I picked one up for a good price.
The exhaust was one of the better sounding exhausts I've heard on an x and not too loud. Quality of construction was really good. It flowed well and bumped my power up from the more restrictive exhaust I had on.

The issue I had, was that the mufflers did hang too low. I had a few scrapes that I didn't have with my previous exhaust. Also because mufflers hang lower and are round they are quite visible from the back. Due to the layout of the pipes, one muffler sits at a different angle to the other, so it can look a little unbalanced from the rear (if that's important to you). You could probably do some adjustments to make it sit higher, but may need some re welding to really tuck it under.
Old Sep 16, 2015, 07:31 PM

Appreciate the feedback Zash, that helped answer a lot of the questions I had.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 02:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys,

I don't mean to dig this thread up from the dead, but were you guys referring to the Apexi N1 Evolution-R exhaust?

I've always been a single tip catback guy for the Evo X. And always rocked the Apexi N1 on my previous cars (dsms). I want to go the same route with this car and I am currently looking to upgrade mine to the Apexi N1 Evo-R single tip exhaust. Specifically part#191KM001. However I can't find anyone who has any pictures of one other than like 2-3 that Apexi had on their website or reviews.

Anyone have this single exhaust? Reviews? Pics? Thanks.