Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anybody running Spec 3+ clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2016, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody running Spec 3+ clutch?

Hey everyone! just getting to the point, i got my Evo X with Spec 3+ installed. Everything seems to be fine, but It makes a whirling/moaning noise when i release the clutch after i give it more gas the usual, like going up hill and such. It only happens taking off at first gear. Anybody having the same
Issue?
Old Jan 7, 2016, 07:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a spec stage 3 on when I bought the car. It was making noise possibly similar to what you describe. Replaced with a competition clutch. The spec upon removal had a broken spring holder on the disc and was rattling and possibly warping in shape when engaging. We think that was the noise. I won't go Spec again....
Old Jan 8, 2016, 12:49 AM

Wow damn. Never knew this clutch suck ***. On the other hand, clutch has only about 1800 miles on it. I have all the paper work for the job, can it go bad that quick?. Anybody else running Spec 3 clutch?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 04:24 PM

Bump
Old Jan 16, 2016, 08:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my spec stage3+ just destroyed itself on the highway about 2 weeks ago, it only did about 20-25000kms. shop pulled it and found the bearing went, lucky my tranny wasn't damaged. disc had uneven wear and i had issues with it being noisey, the engagement point would vary at times and some other times it didn't want to disengage when slowing down! chatter was nightmare in first or reverse going up hill from standstill and the whole car would jerk violently. I'm almost glad it finally destroyed itself because since i've had the competition clutch stage 3 installed, times have been awesome. still breaking it in but it's such a relief having a "normal" clutch again.