Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

ARK design superflow dual !!!

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2016, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ARK design superflow dual !!!

whats up everyone!!! just want to do a little review on the ARK superflow dual exhaust. want to thank Lou from MODinJAPAN for the great deal also.

Well the exhaust arrived and i was impressed with the quality of the exhaust (nice welds HD flanges) and monster piping haha its 3.5" to dual 3" (only drawback is it necks down to 2.5" for the first 2 inches of piping from the cat side) so that will need to be modded if your running a 3" cat/test pipe as i am(had to install test pipe after catback pb blast was my friend for the front cat pipe bolts).

As for sound i was blown away at how deep and mellow the exhaust sounded upon first start-up, even with the test pipe!! overall id say its a great piece overall and im happy with my purchase!!! here are pics and ill try and get a video up soon
Thanks!!!

good looking exhaust mega piping

pic from under after install

rear view

from behind

Last edited by blancoloco; May 30, 2016 at 09:38 AM.
Old May 29, 2016, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Do you have a pic from it straight from the back? Are the tips angled up? Actually like that look.
Old May 29, 2016, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by rico05
Do you have a pic from it straight from the back? Are the tips angled up? Actually like that look.
Yes it is angeled up that way ill take a pic and post it up.
Old May 29, 2016, 09:46 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very Nice. Thank you for the write up. I'm glad you like the exhaust. I'm surprised that not more people are asking for this. These are hand TIG welded but it looks like robot tig welds. CNC mandrell bends using 304 quality stainless steel . Just proves the craftsmanship and quality control of all ARK DESIGN exhaust sytems.

I only have 3 sets left on sale, after that we have to wait for the next shipment.

Happy memorial weekend evo's
Old May 30, 2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by rico05
pic added buddy
The following users liked this post:
ModInJapan (May 30, 2016)
Old Jun 14, 2016, 09:27 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by blancoloco
pic added buddy
looks great
Old Jul 7, 2016, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am considering this exhaust to replace my wife's existing Ultimate racing set up which has the worst drone I have ever heard at highway speed ... how loud would you rate it, and how low does it hang in the back with those large mufflers
Old Jul 7, 2016, 08:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by E46HamannM3
I am considering this exhaust to replace my wife's existing Ultimate racing set up which has the worst drone I have ever heard at highway speed ... how loud would you rate it, and how low does it hang in the back with those large mufflers
If i was to rate this exhaust from 1-10, 10 at the loudest, it would be around 3-4.
It has a big resonator on the midpipe section to reduce drone at cruising speed and two very efficient mufflers. That said, because the midpipe is 3.5 inch, efficient resonators won't cause too much back pressure with is a no no for boosted cars

1 only have one left and we wont be getting any for about 4-5 months. PM me if you want the exhaust at the sale price

thanks
Lou
Old Jul 7, 2016, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts
Not to be a negative nancy but if the car is sitting outside and it rains isn't there a good chance the exhaust could get a decent amount of water in it and rust the exhaust or the muffler or something?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by hoobastnk90
Not to be a negative nancy but if the car is sitting outside and it rains isn't there a good chance the exhaust could get a decent amount of water in it and rust the exhaust or the muffler or something?
I wouldn't see how it wouldn't rust, since it'd be stainless steel coated by a lot of exhaust soot. haha
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:48 AM

Never had a problem with water yet,the exhaust blows it dry quickly. And if you are worried id say drill a 1/8 hole in the bottom of the tips
ModInJapan (Jul 15, 2016)
Old Jul 15, 2016, 08:55 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Got mine in the mail. Very excited to get it installed. Having an issue with some massively rusted cat bolts but I'll try to get it installed this weekend.
I have to say Lou from ModInJapan has been awesome with communication and the exhaust has great looking welds. I wanted something that didn't have crazy canisters but also was obviously not stock and am happy with how it looks. I'll put up my own review soon with fitting and sound.
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by 4G63Lvr
Got mine in the mail. Very excited to get it installed. Having an issue with some massively rusted cat bolts but I'll try to get it installed this weekend.
I have to say Lou from ModInJapan has been awesome with communication and the exhaust has great looking welds. I wanted something that didn't have crazy canisters but also was obviously not stock and am happy with how it looks. I'll put up my own review soon with fitting and sound.
I let pb blaster sit overnight then used my foot to push the wrench lol it worked luckily
Old Jul 16, 2016, 12:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Didn't work. Had to have the bolts heated and a nut welded to them to get them off. Got it on though and love how it sounds. Deep but not too loud. I'm taking a trip later today so we'll see how it does on the highway.

Name:  20160716_134535.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  152.6 KB
ModInJapan (Jul 20, 2016)
Old Jul 29, 2016, 08:27 PM
Former Sponsor

Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump Bump

Quick Reply: ARK design superflow dual !!!