Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

2nd clutch upgrade - Can you think of anything else?

Search this Thread

Old May 26, 2017, 02:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by h4ckluserr
Trust me, I'd love it if I could find a directory of Evo proven shops in the Tampa area.

it seem's a popular consensus that Competition Clutches are the most popular from what I've seen around here.(Just from what I've seen!) What made you lean towards hks?
Recomended by Tuner when i whent over 550whp
Old Jun 6, 2017, 07:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
Recomended by Tuner when i whent over 550whp
Ultimately, the Comp twin snapped my clutch fork in half. It has happened to 3 other X's that I know of. The Quarter Master hydraulic release saved my trans!
Old Jun 6, 2017, 03:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
act HD

Originally Posted by h4ckluserr
Hey guys!

My Exedy stage 2 took a so I'm going in for another upgrade. I'm at around 44k miles pushing 365whp(45k on the odometer) and the clutch is about as grippy as butter. I put the MHI 18k on about 2000 miles ago, without updating the tune. Not a huge deal because the turbo's are very similar to stock. HOWEVER, it's getting a tune immediately after the new clutch is installed. I'm going with Proven Power in Tampa if anyone knows the shop. I'm going to swap in a competition clutch stage 3 or 4. Likely the 4 because I'm anticipating pushing up on the 400HP mark if I tune it to peak power. I'm probably going to need a new flywheel I imagine too.

So my question to you all is this. If money were no object and you were going to open your transmission up, what all would you replace/upgrade at 45k miles? I'm just wanting to make sure I'm not missing anything. I'd love to have a bullet proof 400HP transmission

Current list is...
Clutch
Flywheel(Open to recommendations)

Thanks in advance everyone!

** EDIT ** It was asked a couple times, I swapped all of the parts in my signature into the car at around 400 miles on the odometer. I realize now that the title is a bit misleading!
Honestly I had the exedy stage 2 and I never liked it I couldn't wait for it to go out on me, recently I just broke in my ACT HD and it is great it just makes the car drive and pull so much better than my exert ever did
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by JdvEvoX
Honestly I had the exedy stage 2 and I never liked it...
Curious, my experience has been the exact opposite. It didn't have any chatter, the clutch feel was firm but manageable, and it never gave any issues until now. Either way, finger's crossed this comp clutch doesn't break the fork.