Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

p1877 "pending" fault code

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2017, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
p1877 "pending" fault code

Been getting this code randomly while using android torque app with the MUTv2 plugin and have the setting to periodically scan for fault codes.

It usually occurs randomly and is getting a bit more frequent when everything is warmed up to operating temps and in auto sport mode downshifting into 2 in auto mode would get a verbal warning "pending fault code found p1877"...no cel/transmission service required light comes on, doesn't go into failsafe/limp mode and it still shifts as normal back into 1 or into 3 if i continue decelerating or get back on the back on the gas. I could also put it in manual and ride it in 2 with no cel appearing when i get the warning and shift up/down normal.

Doing a fault code scan with the app shows it as a historic fault and says after 5 or 'n' amount startups it should be erased from the ecu...but i clear it anyway...should i leave it this time and see if i still get the warning and rescan after a few startups?

Any idea on what may be the cause or if the 2nd gear is on it's way out?

i'm currently at 301 whp and 310 wtq at 27 psi...did a fluid change recently(not a full flush though)...but left out the transfer case and rear diff as i did those late last year...and also did a full teach in but was never able to get past the clutch ventilation step after trying over 20 times so i skipped it(bad idea?)...but the shifts are just as good, even better imo now than b4.

Would rather be proactive and upgrade the sst than wait for it to blow up lol
Any input would be greatly appreciated! cheers!
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bump...so spoke too soon while driving yesterday warming up the sst in auto sport mode, driving moderately after about 10 mins cel light, failsafe mode and the info display on the cluster instrument lit up yellow with transmission required...could've still shift through all gears though when i put it in manual mode...the screen went back to it usual orange but cel stayed on after about 1 min.
pulled aside cleared the code and drove for about another 20 mins no problems and then again for about 30 mins this time a bit more aggressively in auto/manual sport no problems.

Could it be the tune?skipping that clutch ventilation step?any ideas that may help fix or better diagnose what may be the cause?