Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo X vs 9 Intake Mani

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 01:23 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
I would also play with an air-to-water charge cooler before ITB's..

I don't see the point of "improving low end" If the car isn't in boost, you're wasting your time. Improving off boost "performance" beyond making the car drivable will prove to be a fruitless endeavor.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I would also play with an air-to-water charge cooler before ITB's..

I don't see the point of "improving low end" If the car isn't in boost, you're wasting your time. Improving off boost "performance" beyond making the car drivable will prove to be a fruitless endeavor.
While the ITBs would provide crisper, quicker throttle response, the benefits don't stop there. The ITBs will allow a modified head to breathe more freely with high lift cams. On partial throttle transitioning to full (like coming out of a turn) the engine will breathe more freely. The ITBs will allow the engine to rev more freely and quickly therefore spooling the turbo slightly more quickly and at a slightly lower rpm. Of course the gains are small and most people will find the addition completely unnecessary, I feel it'd be a cool project. The addition of the aftermarket manifold will also allow me to run dual fuel rail and injector sets. ITBs are almost always better than one large single unless strictly in a drag application.

-Kevin
Old Nov 14, 2017, 04:11 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 704 Likes on 592 Posts
i kinda cringe at the thought of all the new potential spots to spring boost leaks.
Old Nov 14, 2017, 05:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Biggiesacks
i kinda cringe at the thought of all the new potential spots to spring boost leaks.
Yeah definitely a concern but if designed as a sub-assembly then welded as one piece there would be no more leak paths than the stock mani. For increased serviceability of the ITBs that number would increase by 4 so definitely something to consider and pay close attention to.

-Kevin