Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Axle Assembly

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2018, 07:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Axle Assembly

Without going to a dealership and paying an arm and a leg, where would be the best place to get both front axle assemblies?
Old Jul 16, 2018, 10:39 AM
AJV

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
ebay
Old Jul 16, 2018, 01:13 PM
Evolving Member

Check your local auto parts suppliers. I'm in Canada but I recently picked up a Timken rear axle (from Napa) for my 2008 evo and just installed it yesterday.
I am very impressed with the quality and I will definitely be buying the front ones to do as well.
Old Jul 17, 2018, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Just wanted to give an update to anyone who may be interested, the front axle hub assembly I bought and installed today was branded BCA but it was just as good quality or better than the Timken so don't be hesitant if that pops up too.

I had hit a pothole last year that blew out both left side tires and ultimately caused the bearings to be damaged. The rear hub had at least 2mm of play in and out when we took it off.
The old axle in the front was really set in the knuckle so we had to burn it out. Attached is a photo of the old hub

Front left axle hub
Old Sep 2, 2018, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Revox
Check your local auto parts suppliers. I'm in Canada but I recently picked up a Timken rear axle (from Napa) for my 2008 evo and just installed it yesterday.
I am very impressed with the quality and I will definitely be buying the front ones to do as well.
Did you buy the whole axle assembly? I want to change my front cv axle because it has the clicking sound, but I can't find any aftermarket one.