Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

I think I blew something...

Old Jan 30, 2019, 03:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy I think I blew something...

So today I was on my way home and it is extremely cold out. Due to the weather I have been staying out of boost as much as possible. As I was getting on the highway, I heard a small pop sound and a ton of oil smoke pouring out of my exhaust. Little comes out while accelerating but ALOT comes out when I get off the accelerator. Doesn't seem to be making any weird noises but isn't boosting nearly as much as it should and I can barely hear the turbo. The idle does seem off as well and I was experenicing some serious boost cutting about a month and a half ago but again have been trying to stay out of boost due to weather. I know it can be alot of different things and I know something is broke just need help figuring out what it might be. Thank you. Here is a list of EVERYTING done to the Evo 10.

ATP Garrett GTX3576R
ATP 3" Compressor elbow inlet
ETS 1.9" Turbo manifold
ETS Open dump downpipe
ETS Intake with 3.5" MAF housing
Top Speed Pro 1 3" test pipe and exhaust
Turbosmart Blow off valve
COBB 3port EBCS
ID1000 Injectors
DW65c Fuel Pump
Snow Performance Water/Meth Kit using 375 ML/MIN Nozzle and 50/50 water/meth
Fortune Auto coilovers
Front lower engine mount.
Old Feb 1, 2019, 08:16 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Have you looked under the hood yet? Check for obvious boost leak from popped off vacuum lines or charge pipe. Remove the turbo inlet, check the turbo for shaft play, do a boost leak test.

Search this Thread