Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

what to replace after blown motor

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 04:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kaj
Do those cars have the option of a block heater? If not... I could see a potential problem in that type of weather.
Not that I know of...I was thinking I should put one on it but now I'm not going to drive it in the winter. I really should have drove my fiances car... I bought a vw golf tdi while I rebuild the motor. That way I have a reliable daily.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 09:34 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
Originally Posted by slythy

it was -4 out when it popped. Oils changed every 2700-3200 miles.
I didn't mean you were the maintenance issue. You said you got the car at 10k miles. It's possible the oil wasn't changed until the original owner sold and the damage was done. You driving it like a more normal person helped it limp a long..

Originally Posted by kaj
Do those cars have the option of a block heater? If not... I could see a potential problem in that type of weather.
Originally Posted by slythy
Not that I know of...I was thinking I should put one on it but now I'm not going to drive it in the winter. I really should have drove my fiances car... I bought a vw golf tdi while I rebuild the motor. That way I have a reliable daily.
Only option would probably be to secure some kind of electric heating "blanket" around the oil pan.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
I didn't mean you were the maintenance issue. You said you got the car at 10k miles. It's possible the oil wasn't changed until the original owner sold and the damage was done. You driving it like a more normal person helped it limp a long..

Only option would probably be to secure some kind of electric heating "blanket" around the oil pan.

Yea that's an option. You can use an adhesive watlow to heat it up also. Yea it very well could have been ran hard. I bought it with ricer ebay headlights, axleback and a k&N typhoon on it. Bought it got it actually tuned and it was happy till last week lol.