Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Transfer Case replacement on 08 evo mr

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2019, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transfer Case replacement on 08 evo mr

Hi everyone,

So im new to the forums, had my evo for about 2 years and it has been a pain in the butt, but i love it.

Acd pump went twice and luckily dealership replaced but now im facing a new issue, The Transfer Case is leaking internally and needs to be replaced, and dealership Wants $4000 for a new oem one on back order.

Anyone know where i can get a more affordable option? ive checked ebay etc but i lack the knowledge to judge if itd be wise. If anyone can give any input in it id appreciate it! (where to get etc) Ive looked into Shep but even 3k is alot for me atm sadly.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 09:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You can snag one off of ebay with low miles, and send it to TRE (www.teamrip.com) for them to go through it before install. IIRC he's about $500 for tear down, new bearings, shot peen, machine cases, and reset wear pattern and backlash. And it'll be better than new OEM after Jon put his magic in it. If you find something with low mileage you'll be fine. Especially since the SST can't launch hard enough (especially with a stock trans) to break/damage the tcase like you can with a manual.

Just make sure to get an MR specific one, the input splines aren't the same for the MR and GSR. Good news is the SST trans is a sealed unit and you won't lose any expensive SST fluid when changing the tcase.