Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Why i am not so sure i will be trading in for the X

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
do ya'll really think EVO is the best car there is?
absolutely not.....Just better than an STi, why are you still here if you "left because of the bashing ?" . People like you deserve to be bashed all day and night. You say you left becase of the bashing, bought another car, and are still here saying stupid **** like i quoted above. WTF !?

Last edited by Bigl4201; Jun 14, 2007 at 11:49 AM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolving Member

Well how much is enough, and for what reasons would you buy the next evolution?
-I am sure there will be plenty of aftermarket support, but it will take time for developers to learn to tweak the new platform, frankly in my opinion automotive technology has not progressed that much, only refined a bit as we are still running a four stroke gasoline engines; with the world energy in flux, i would wait for the next big engine, i.e. hydrogen powerplants?
-I am sure the new version will be an improvement, but how much is the question, only time will tell, but it is my understanding that the new one has an aluminium block which is not as stout as a cast iron block
-I have no intentions on buying anymore cars, and I have been buying parts for my evo with a target of approx 400 whp, and in my mind any car that can make 400 is great
-I think all the evos look pretty cool, from the first to the last but I didn't buy my car based on the looks alone, and I like the pics I have seen of the new version
-The thing I heard about the new evo I don't like is the sequential shift transmisson, because I like skipping gears sometimes; but that doesn't mean that Mitsu is wrong on going this route, what do we know compared to the millions they spend on R&D?; besides all those rally drivers are using sequential shift trannies, aren't they?; I have a sequential shift tranny on my moto, and I find that on some hill climbs (the wall at gorman) I would prefer to drop it to 2nd from 4th due to the great loss of speed and torque when i hit the incline, but I never do hill climbs in my evo anyway, even though I thoroughly enjoy dropping it to 3rd from 5th, but I have no evidence that this is faster than cycling to 3rd from 5th on a sequential shift
Old Jun 14, 2007, 06:18 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=Yur;4435769]Wow this is funny, the number of replies saying "hes just another IX owner worried..." is plain funny. Its like people would rather instigate arguments and spend the time trying to put other people down for no apparent reason vs engage in a discussion or plainly not say anything at all. "It is usually the owners of Evo 9's who bought their cars knowing the X is due soon, who create these threads" - i am sorry but its usually the Evo 8 owners who look for excuses to bash a 9 Yeah, bought a 9. Its sooo good. Yum! And guess what? If i like the X when i get a chance to drive it, i will buy it was well. Maybe i'll even keep both... so you'll have 2 reasons to be a *****.

I dont see how i am instigating ****.. look at all the other threads its people who come on saying " I JUST BOUGHT A 9 ITS THE LAST TRUE EVO EVAR!!! I AM THE FA5T3R!!!!!OF ALL!!" IF YOU WANT i can find all the threads for you and link you them. I think thats INSTIGATING

Seriously it only shows that you guys have buyers remorse and you need to back up the way you feel with peoples oppinions ....You need Reinforcement that your 9 was a right buy.

Quote me on this, When the X comes out it will blow all existing evos out, i will make that assumption because i trust Mitsubishi's engineers over forum ******* putting the X away before it is even out.

Oh and Yeah your EVO 9 is the b3ST3St 3VaR!!!

The 9 and 8 was dope during its time but the future is here... When the X is out the 9 isn't going to suck neither is the 8, they will still be fast for what they are. All the EVos are dope just give the X a chance

Last edited by turtlelancer; Jun 14, 2007 at 06:22 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by turtlelancer
Seriously it only shows that you guys have buyers remorse and you need to back up the way you feel with peoples oppinions ....You need Reinforcement that your 9 was a right buy.
i'm sorry, what was that about buyer's remorse? go on, you were saying?

By the way, I would scoop that up in a heartbeat had I not just signed a lease on another car. Where were you in February?

Last edited by Alexander; Jun 14, 2007 at 08:25 PM.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Alexander
i'm sorry, what was that about buyer's remorse? go on, you were saying?

By the way, I would scoop that up in a heartbeat had I not just signed a lease on another car. Where were you in February?

AHH OH NOES!! ehh you thought you got me huh? oh boy that would of been SOOO GOOD but guess what? good try but not good enough. If you didn't know that was my friends car, he used my account to help sell his car that was 3 weeks old. You know why? Hes waiting for an EVO x.

You almost had me digging into my history too bad that aint my car.

TRY AGAIN.
Old Jul 30, 2007, 11:01 PM
Evolved Member

The only thing I see being better will be the handling, because of the SAYC. If the USDM Evo's would of had SAYC, I don't think the New Evo would even bring anything to the table, besides excess weight. I mean it will still be a 2.0 liter 4cylinder, If Mitsubishi was truly focused on performance, why not offer more displacement. and go down in curb weight instead of up. At least the USDM Sti's are 2.5's instead of their counterpart 2.0's and will actually decrease in weight. And will be hatchback's for improved handling.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:20 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Guess what... now that the cover is off and the verdict (car mag tests) is out i can say that the X is... crap. Thats right, its crap. Vs. the IX - Slower 0-60, Slower steering, softer & heavier. You have to get the MR to get the DSG box and with that you get other "luxury" upgrades. Wtf? Its a completely different car guys, not an evolution of the Evolution. It is now just a cheap M3 except that i would rather get a low miles pre-owned M3. Hell, i'll even go for the 350Z.

Ok so you are going to say "but it outruns the IX on the track". Yep, it sure does but what is the % of actual track time you are going to put your X through vs street driving if any? What is the point of Mitsu talking about track laps if they are just waiting to see you track your car to stiff you on the warranty? Its just plain stupid. The X is not as nimble, not as fast and not as fun on the street but its ok they say, it shines on the track... but we cant have you take your car on the track btw.

Just look at what the X is going against now and ask yourself is it worth buying. Any other car that offers performance close to the X, any car at all is a better choice now. Why? Well, instead of improving what made the Evo such a great car Mitsu went after "refinement". So they left the current Evo target market empty-handed and at the same time failed to offer the "refinement" the new customers are looking for.

Whatever... keep on defending the Evo name. There is nothing left behind it though. Dont sell your IXs if you got em.

The WRX STI is the car to look forward to for now (now that the Evo shifted onto the softer side). Somehow i think they are not going to screw it up. Prodrive (available through Subaru dealers) will offer a very nice "package" on the STI by the way. Going to blow the X's doors off.

P.S. I am not talking as a IX owner any more. Not being protective of my baby. I sold my IX a month ago so my opinion is that of a consumer looking for my next car. The X could have been it but i guess i will have to wait several years for it's replacement and get something else for now... possibly the new STI.

Thanks guys, its been fun, see you all in a few years.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

There's already aftermarkert support by ARC. Read the threads about it. They've made an exhaust for it already. The car isnt even out yet in the states. Many more companies will follow very quickly
Old Oct 28, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Yur
Guess what... now that the cover is off and the verdict (car mag tests) is out i can say that the X is... crap. Thats right, its crap. Vs. the IX - Slower 0-60, Slower steering, softer & heavier. You have to get the MR to get the DSG box and with that you get other "luxury" upgrades. Wtf? Its a completely different car guys, not an evolution of the Evolution. It is now just a cheap M3 except that i would rather get a low miles pre-owned M3. Hell, i'll even go for the 350Z.

Ok so you are going to say "but it outruns the IX on the track". Yep, it sure does but what is the % of actual track time you are going to put your X through vs street driving if any? What is the point of Mitsu talking about track laps if they are just waiting to see you track your car to stiff you on the warranty? Its just plain stupid. The X is not as nimble, not as fast and not as fun on the street but its ok they say, it shines on the track... but we cant have you take your car on the track btw.

Just look at what the X is going against now and ask yourself is it worth buying. Any other car that offers performance close to the X, any car at all is a better choice now. Why? Well, instead of improving what made the Evo such a great car Mitsu went after "refinement". So they left the current Evo target market empty-handed and at the same time failed to offer the "refinement" the new customers are looking for.

Whatever... keep on defending the Evo name. There is nothing left behind it though. Dont sell your IXs if you got em.

The WRX STI is the car to look forward to for now (now that the Evo shifted onto the softer side). Somehow i think they are not going to screw it up. Prodrive (available through Subaru dealers) will offer a very nice "package" on the STI by the way. Going to blow the X's doors off.

P.S. I am not talking as a IX owner any more. Not being protective of my baby. I sold my IX a month ago so my opinion is that of a consumer looking for my next car. The X could have been it but i guess i will have to wait several years for it's replacement and get something else for now... possibly the new STI.

Thanks guys, its been fun, see you all in a few years.
Despite all of what you just said. I'm excited about Evo X Ownership.

2 1/10ths difference to 60 doesn't mean anything IMO, and the softer suspension means that the EVO X will be easier to live with day-to-day. You've done nothing to convince anyone that the EVO X is anything less than a extraordinary car.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

HE NEEEDS A HUGG!!!!

Seriosuly type this **** in the I hate evo X thread that was created and made official, this thread is trash and has been said liek 10000000000x times

You voiced your oppinion about the X and i voiced mine about your thread, and it sucks.

Oh you are talkina bout 0-60 now AS if you can FEEL THE DIFFERENCE, dont be a hipocrit and say the track times don't matter because if that is the case then 0-60 doesn't either. If you can feel the difference between tenths then go become a pro driver

Last edited by BlkFlat4; Oct 28, 2007 at 12:36 PM.
Old Oct 28, 2007, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Yur
The exterior is something to take a look at though because its one of the things that make the IIX and IX instantly reconginzable on the road. I am looking at the difference between the IX Evo and the Lancer and that difference is huge. Just think of what it would take to turn a regular Lancer into an Evo just exterior-wise. You'd probably have to replace everything except the roof. Not so in the X. Mitsu wants the Evo X to drive the basic Lancer sales and thus the difference between the Evo and the Lancer is marginal. You'd probably get away with replacing the fenders and front facia on the regular Lancer to get the Evo X look. Dont have to replace the headlights front and rear or anything else. Its that close proximity of the Evo X to the regular Lancer which just turns me off.
I def agree with this one but i do think the stock lancer looks very good on its own on the other hand. Tough call on loks but overall the x grows opn me more and more
Old Oct 28, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

lol
comical thread
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chino ali
lol
comical thread
never take these threads seriously .. =D

new car is a new car , the population of E9 can only shrinks
just let the Pro-X praise s
as long as I like my car
Old Oct 30, 2007, 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
Plus the X is a larger heavier car now... does not look like an evolution of the previous models but a completely different kind of car which is not something i like.
It is only like 100 lbs heavier, and just slightly longer but not by much. The car is suppose to be easier to drive thru corners and with the SST trans, slightly faster in autox and track races. But the SST isnt for drag racing as the RPM launching is prelimited.

I agree that the actual engine performances as guess work right now, but give it time. Im sure the X will be a great next level Evo.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sabastian458
It is only like 100 lbs heavier, and just slightly longer but not by much. The car is suppose to be easier to drive thru corners and with the SST trans, slightly faster in autox and track races. But the SST isnt for drag racing as the RPM launching is prelimited.

I agree that the actual engine performances as guess work right now, but give it time. Im sure the X will be a great next level Evo.
Actually Evo X is slightly shorter than last gen Evo but it is wider and taller. Overall it it offers more room on the inside.