Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Why i am not so sure i will be trading in for the X

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Yur
Good point there. As i said, i dont find the X to be ugly. I think that there are a lot of great design features on the car and to be honest, overall the whole design just comes together better vs the IIX or IX. I am just thinking that an IXX or IX owner does feel special looking at his/her Evo as it is a very unique (maybe a bit over the top even) design. You honestly cant say that the Evo is a regular Lancer on steroids. Not so with the X. Its a regular Lancer with changes here and there. Think of it this way... the difference between the new Lancer and the Evo X is the same as between the Audi A4 and the RS4.
Evo IX MR is a great performance car, but if Mitsubishi wants to really become profitable, it needs to design cars that not only look good (to general public) but also perform better than previous generation of vehicles. As far as feeling special, I guess current Evos do give people some exclusivity and I am more than sure Evo X will be seen on the roads a whole lot more than current Lancers but thats what Mitsubishi wants/needs.

As far as being unique, I guess I am one of those people who just wants the best bang for the buck, I really don't care if my car is one in a million or the most popular thing out there as long as it delivers performance and makes my blood boil.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

The only thing im not a fan about with the X's is that there is no clutch. Thats half the fun in driving.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:30 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blitzkrieg79
Evo IX MR is a great performance car, but if Mitsubishi wants to really become profitable, it needs to design cars that not only look good (to general public) but also perform better than previous generation of vehicles. As far as feeling special, I guess current Evos do give people some exclusivity and I am more than sure Evo X will be seen on the roads a whole lot more than current Lancers but thats what Mitsubishi wants/needs.

As far as being unique, I guess I am one of those people who just wants the best bang for the buck, I really don't care if my car is one in a million or the most popular thing out there as long as it delivers performance and makes my blood boil.
I hear you on that... i used to think the same way... maybe its age and having another kid on the way thats changing the way i look at things.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by V8eatr
The only thing im not a fan about with the X's is that there is no clutch. Thats half the fun in driving.
Mitsubishi stated that they'll release a manual version of Evo X after they'll release a DSG so they got you covered there but from my understanding it seems that Evo X was designed to work primarily with DSG first and a manual transmission is just an afterthought.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 09:33 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

To be honest, i wouldnt mind the DSG given where i live and all the stupid traffic. I would have to give it a try though because having to live with a clutch is not something i dread even stuck in traffic. If the DSG is more efficient and shifts gears faster i might go for it.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Yur
Err... thats nice. Isnt this section for discussion of future models? Are you on crack or something? Do you apply the same logic to all the "will you trade in..." and "would you buy in DSG or manual..." and "I bought a IX because to me it is the last..." threads? Lighten up before you give yourself a heart attack.
Yes, this is a section for discussing Future Evo Model. I just don't get why people have to make a new thread about how they feel about the X and cry about the things they don't like. All of this info that you've posted has been beaten to death already. I just didn't think we needed another pointless thread about it. Let it go buddy, post when you have something new to say about the EVO X.
Old Jun 12, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by o2thag
Do you need a hug? Who cares about why you're not sure, this isn't Dr. Phil. Unless you have some new legit info about the X then why create pointless threads like this and further more pollute this section. If you want to share your thoughts then go to OT.
LOL, be nice. You don't have to comment if you don't want to.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 02:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Jasil
I would not buy a X because of the lack of aftermarket support and there are too many variables to know what will be reliable and what won't. If the car comes out too be a beast with reliability etc etc like the previous gen. EVO's great, but I'm not going to be a guinea pig.

Those who refuse to evolve will be......left behind.

You don't think there will be aftermarket support? Are you out of your mind? You realize the millions of $$$$ companies are making on aftermarket parts for the Evo XIII and IX. They will jump on the X like a fat kid on a cupcake.

You are writing it off without even seeing it in action.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

WHERE IS DR. PHIL WHEN YOU NEED HIM LOL........ Freaking another one of these threads holy hell...

Do you guys see a pattern?? It is usually the owners of Evo 9's who bought their cars knowing the X is due soon, who create these threads
Old Jun 13, 2007, 09:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yur sure is a geek isn't he. sounds like he just needs to get laid, he remind of of that guy on 40 year old virgin movie.
Old Jun 13, 2007, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
yur sure is a geek isn't he. sounds like he just needs to get laid, he remind of of that guy on 40 year old virgin movie.
Right, says the guy that starts "what is this hole" threads

This is a THREAD on a DISCUSSION FORUM which contains DISCUSSION (however in-depth or general) and/or speculation, so until you have something constructive to contribute please refrain from posting utter bull****, thanks. If it bothers you that much why don't you take your frustration out on that little hole that keeps leaking oil in your engine bay

Anyway... I agree about the 08 lancers looking a little too similar to the upcoming X, but it's the only way mitsubishi's gonna survive in the market. They've got alot riding on the X so I doubt we'll be disappointed

Hell, look at the 08 M3 vs. the 07 335i... Besides the signature fender insert, obnoxious hood bulge for the v8, badges, and slightly wider fender flares - they're hard to tell apart... But the 335i's are selling like hotcakes, and so will the 08 M3's.. And that's because the new 3 series is a stellar car all around.

Hopefully the same rings true for the new lancer platform, but we'll have to wait for the X to arrive before we really know.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 12:09 AM
Evolved Member

Well... i have to agree i am reading good things about the X but the Evo is a performance car first and getting down to raw numbers i dont see the X having an advantage over the IX, especially considering the aftermarket support the IX has. Right now everyone's guessing about the performance and flexibility of the engine in terms of mods and whatnot. So leaving that aside we are looking at the exterior/interior of the two cars. I dont care that much for the interior since once again, this car is about performance first.

Uh...while doing all this thinking did you ever think that the X isnt even out yet? so how can one start to make parts for something that...well...isnt even out yet?

Its like asking a Nikon guy, what accessories should i get with my d3x camera? how much memory am i gonna need? or saying F)#$ the D3x thats coming out, its gonna be worthless, theres no accesories out for it since there is a lot more support for the d200 / d2x series...

GOD get over it!!!!

The exterior is something to take a look at though because its one of the things that make the IIX and IX instantly reconginzable on the road. I am looking at the difference between the IX Evo and the Lancer and that difference is huge. Just think of what it would take to turn a regular Lancer into an Evo just exterior-wise. You'd probably have to replace everything except the roof. Not so in the X. Mitsu wants the Evo X to drive the basic Lancer sales and thus the difference between the Evo and the Lancer is marginal. You'd probably get away with replacing the fenders and front facia on the regular Lancer to get the Evo X look. Dont have to replace the headlights front and rear or anything else. Its that close proximity of the Evo X to the regular Lancer which just turns me off.

first things first, in roman numerals, 8 is not IIX, you dont see people putting badges of thier 8's in that order do you? its VIII

what would it take to make a regualr lancer to look exactly like an evo?
from the front view, 4 exterior parts, and braces to hold them in..
1)hood
2)FB
3)fenders
4)headlights

and guess what its probably going to be the same on the X...since the VII(not IIIX) the evo's exterior has been designed after the lancer Cedia, tho i am not completly sure which came first in this case, BUT geez who really cares?

I dont see scooby guys hatin because their STI in an upgraded impreza, hell to me they are a lot tighter of a community than the mitsu community

Stand-alone the X is a good looking car but i think it should be more unique and should not share that much with a regular Lancer. Right now, you would never mistake a Lancer for an Evo on the road from any agnle but with the X you just might. Plus the X is a larger heavier car now... does not look like an evolution of the previous models but a completely different kind of car which is not something i like.

Anyway, i am not going to trade in my IX MR at least for the first year no matter what i think about the X but as of now, i dont think i am going for the X all together unless i see a good reason to. Time till tell. I guess it all boils down to the test drive. If i feel a huge improvement over my IX, enough of an improvement to offset what i think about it's closeness to the regular Lancer... maybe i will consider it.

oh god! geezus....keep your IX seriously!!! save all the future X guys the good stuff, If i ever see your name start a thread with I got my X today, or any posts about YOUR X, I will seriously bring this post back up, and make fun of you for making stupid ASSumptions 6-8 months before people even get em!

What are your thoughts about the exterior design of the regular Lancer vs. the Evo X?
MY thoguhts? UH How about wait?

oh i also told my GF briefly about your statements, and she said "the lancers and evo's now have some things in common... whats gonna be so different about the new ones? That was from a girl thats waiting for an 08 White RA so she can mod it and keep up my my leggy
Old Jun 14, 2007, 02:30 AM
Evolved Member

this is one of the reason i left the evo community all you babies just bash another evo owner online for what? he is sharing his feelings if ya'll have nothing better to say STFU do ya'll really think EVO is the best car there is? LOL i owned an EVO and i'm happy with my STi now and the owner community is much much much more friendly
Old Jun 14, 2007, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

whats an owner community?
did the people bashing in here cause you to by an STi or did you buy an STI and move on to thier website?
and really much like you're telling people to STFU is no different than his opinion.
if you can't take it don't respond or go back to you're owner community.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:30 AM
Yur
Evolving Member

Wow this is funny, the number of replies saying "hes just another IX owner worried..." is plain funny. Its like people would rather instigate arguments and spend the time trying to put other people down for no apparent reason vs engage in a discussion or plainly not say anything at all. "It is usually the owners of Evo 9's who bought their cars knowing the X is due soon, who create these threads" - i am sorry but its usually the Evo 8 owners who look for excuses to bash a 9 Yeah, bought a 9. Its sooo good. Yum! And guess what? If i like the X when i get a chance to drive it, i will buy it was well. Maybe i'll even keep both... so you'll have 2 reasons to be a *****.

Its like 2 camps. One is looking for every excuse to defend the X while the other isnt even attacking it. "Oh god, dont mention the X, its not out yet, dont even think about saying anthing about it or i'll blow an artery, especially if you are an Evo 9 owner. If you even think about it, i'll call you geek, man-lover and even satan himself" hehe

Of all the off-topic replies, i would just like to address this one (it strikes me as the most deserving):

Originally Posted by lemmonhead
Do you know me? Have i said something to promote such a stupid reply on your part? How exactly do i remind you of anyone or anything? Do you have any idea who i am and what i do in life? Or you are just one of those idiots that like to jump in on an argument and throw in some stupid line or two just to get some attention to themselves? I need to get laid? Brother, i am f@#king married (guess you didnt even bother to read this thread) fyi. I have another child on the way. I create a thread where i discuss what worries me about the car which i was hoping i would buy and along with some good replies i get replies which have nothing to do with what i said or the car itself. I dont visit the board that often. When i do i read the threads i am interested in and skip the other ones. I've never had the urge to read i thread that does not interest me or post something bashing the OP. For some reason insulting someone online is considered to be ok and every ****head who otherwise wouldnt even think of saying anything to a guy standing 5 feet away feels that typing something on a forum is cool because there is no responsibility and no consequences attached.

People need to start taking responsibility for their words. I dont need an idiot with an R2D2 Avatar telling me i need to get laid. Someone said that the Evo is becoming another civic... i dont know about the Evo but the community is sure going down the drain following the decline of the maturity levels around here. But... in all honestly i dont give a ****. I dont see any need to continue this argument or reply to stupid posts. /ignore Knock yourselfs out.

P.S. lookslineanevo, thank you for being so kind as to point out that the official Evo 8 designation is in fact VII and not IIX... Its also Mitsubishi and not mitsu and when i wased about thoughts on exterior design you replied with "wait"... wait for what exactly? The official Evo X photos are out already. We've seen the exterior of the car. Why should i wait to discuss what the damned thing looks like? Am i waiting for you to find the actual photos? Anyway, I am glad that you shared this thread with your GF but have you consulted your mother?

Last edited by Yur; Jun 14, 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: Why i am not so sure i will be trading in for the X