Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Getting rid of your present EVO for the new EVO X

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting rid of your present EVO for the new EVO X

Who plans on getting rid of there old EVo to get a new EVo X? I still love my EVO VIII and dont actually like the X.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by insanechief
Who plans on getting rid of there old EVo to get a new EVo X? I still love my EVO VIII and dont actually like the X.
And go back into debt after I just got out of it? No thanks!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:45 PM

I'm not in a position to buy one right now anyway but I think I'd wanna wait to see everyone else's reaction for a while first. I'm very skeptical about alot of things with this car. (most of them have been discussed too many times already). Who knows though, maybe in the future after all the hype is gone and the cars have proven to be reliable and mods are readily available. Right now though I'm very close to paying off my VIII and the prospect of buying a house puts a hold on any purchases in excess of 100$ LOL. Was that a boring rant or what??!!!
Old Jan 16, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

the x?
Old Jan 16, 2008, 07:59 PM
FJF
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by insanechief
Who plans on getting rid of there old EVo to get a new EVo X?
Can the laughter be heard through the screen? If Mitsu decides to introduce a lighter, more aggressive RS, I'll definitely consider one, but the IX isn't going anywhere.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:12 PM
Account Disabled

I currently drive an VIII I just bought in October. I'm definately getting rid of it. This VIII along with IX's have already been conquered over and over again.

I'd rather start with a new platform and go from there.
Old Jan 16, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Im not going to be looking at the X....overpriced, on a dodge caliber chassis, and the caliber SRT is faster than it! (ive read)

But it comes down to personal preference.

I dont like the idea of aluminum block....but who knows after a few years it may be a powerhouse

I doubt itll be another 4g63 tho!

DIRECTORSE7EN- PM me when your selling your car, and especially if your goingto part it out
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RED DEMON
Im not going to be looking at the X....overpriced, on a dodge caliber chassis, and the caliber SRT is faster than it! (ive read)

I dont like the idea of aluminum block....but who knows after a few years it may be a powerhouse

DIRECTORSE7EN- PM me when your selling your car, and especially if your goingto part it out
Where did you read dodge caliber is faster please oh please do post a link, last time I read reviews about the caliber its 0-60 time was 5.9-6.1 seconds.

• Tire-smoking 300 horsepower -- 85 more than the original Dodge SRT4 -- and 260 lb.-ft. of torque
• 0-60 mph in less than 6 seconds
• All-around performance of a true “tuner car” right from the manufacturer
• Benchmark performance at the best price
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/02/08/a...caliber-srt-4/

Not to mention great wheel-hop, torque steer. I can see it now stupid kids crashing into other people trying to be cool infront of their friends forgetting its a FWD car.

Last edited by EvilRob; Jan 17, 2008 at 07:20 AM.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 34 Likes on 27 Posts
NEVER!!!

You will have to pry the keys for my VIII from my cold dead hands

Hell if I won an Evo X in a sweepstakes, I would sell the X and keep my VIII
Old Jan 17, 2008, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Selling the VIII and getting an X!

Put me on the list. After 5 years it's time to move on to a new project.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

I've had my IX for 8 months, but if the aftermarket for the X starts showing great things I'll make the move.
Old Jan 17, 2008, 09:00 AM
Account Disabled

im thinking about it.. but i just bought a new IX in september so i dunno yet!
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:20 PM
Evolving Member

Going to get a X hopefully. Sure I'll shed a few manly tears over Eddie the Evo. I love my car, but it's time for a change. I have researched the crap out of the X, and by most accounts seems like it may not be faster but way more user friendly. I am sure it will have some flaws but you would be retarded to think that any car isn't going to have flaws. Hell, look at the Evo's primitive race car interior. Nice, but it could use a little updating. At least the X's interior may not be perfect but some of the amenities won't hurt
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RED DEMON

Jeeezzzz, where do you get your "facts" from? First of, the so called Caliber platform is actually a Mitsubishi developed platform and when Daimler Chrysler decided to get rid of Mitsubishi in 2004 this platform hasn't been finished yet so each company finished it on it's own so to keep it short, the new Lancer platform may have similarities with Caliber but it's definitely not the same plus it's Mitsubishi designed/developed/manufactured so nothing wrong with it.

Second of all, Caliber SRT does 0-60 in about 5.9 seconds and has massive torque-steer and can only dream of handling like an Evo with its FWD drivetrain. http://www.drivesrt.com/en/dodge_cal...wer/index.html 300HP Caliber SRT was from early reports, Dodge had to actually reduce the HP ratings due to a lack of handling characteristics/emissions/fuel consumption/crappy fuel in US as general. So lets compare again, Caliber SRT with 2.4l engine making 285HP vs a 2.0l 4B11T Mitsu motor making 291HP (and I am gonna go easy on you and won't even compare torque ratings)
Old Jan 17, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

not a chance in hell!

Quick Reply: Getting rid of your present EVO for the new EVO X