Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Where is Buschur, AMS, Al and the east coast crew??

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
I think people have a misconception on how much some of these shops really make....
Maybe. But then again, "some" of the owners of these shops make a good penny..
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:15 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
I think people have a misconception on how much some of these shops really make....
Finally ...
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You would be very surprised to know as busy as alot of shops seem to be not many are living glamorous lifestyle people think.. Truth is for alot of shops keeping shop cars running comes out of pocket in one way or another..
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USP Motorsports
You would be very surprised to know as busy as alot of shops seem to be not many are living glamorous lifestyle people think.. Truth is for alot of shops keeping shop cars running comes out of pocket in one way or another..
I hear you, but I don't understand the statement given that you do, in fact, have an EVO shop car. If an EVO shop couldn't afford to have an EVO to do R&D then it wouldn't be an EVO shop, right? Most of you at some point or another bought an EVO. Why would the EVO X be any different? I'm predicting most of you will have an EVO X as a shop car before year end so what's the difference between now and then?
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my point being alot of shops have evo 8 and 9's already and now you have to add to it a 35k car if you want a 10.. alot of these shops on here bought their car with salvage title and made race cars or street cars out of them. I see alot of shops selling off the 8 or 9 and maybe they will replace with a X but i know the hardcore guys arent giving up their 8 and 9's for 10's yet..
Old Jan 21, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by USP Motorsports
my point being alot of shops have evo 8 and 9's already and now you have to add to it a 35k car if you want a 10.. alot of these shops on here bought their car with salvage title and made race cars or street cars out of them. I see alot of shops selling off the 8 or 9 and maybe they will replace with a X but i know the hardcore guys arent giving up their 8 and 9's for 10's yet..
I see.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Just another note. Buschur and AMS are all dealing with below 20 degree or single digit temps right now. Even if they had a X they would not be going to the track anytime soon!
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Also consider that many of the shops are not Evo exclusive either. Many of these guys have Subaru owners that want the STI tuned, Nissan people want a GTR tuned, not to mention the new turbo BMW's.
Being first to market is not necessairly that important. If a tuner has a great reputation and they get the car months after some other shops do, it won't matter in the long run. The quality of your work speaks more loudly and lingers longer than your speed to the market.
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
Say what you like, but if I were a owner of a reputable shop, I'd have one by now and have the dyno numbers and modding stages happening just like Buschur did when he first pulled in an VIII ("11.65@117mph on STOCK turbo"). The car would get tracked and numbers would be posted.

Most tuners can afford $35k easily so that's a non-issue.

The car is being watched by thousands of fans. People want to know what the car can do and what the "perks" are (p0300 code-like glitches, tranny weakening, etc..). Noone is going to find that out until the tuners take a stand and start doing some research. The more research, the more customers - the more customers, the more money.. period.

this guy is dead on the money. I feel the same exact way and thats why I'm trying to get the car as quick as humanly possible. I will have it modded the first day I own it and I will have it at the track the first day its open here. I'm looking to rip into the car as soon as possible.

ANd to the guy who said hooking up the car with less then 1500 miles is brainless, dude get a clue. i'll have exhaust on the car with under 500 miles on it and i'm sure it will be perfect.

-Steve
Old Jan 22, 2008, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Some tuner shops may have MR's on order and no one knows when those might start showing up.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Steve@TopLevelAuto
this guy is dead on the money. I feel the same exact way and thats why I'm trying to get the car as quick as humanly possible. I will have it modded the first day I own it and I will have it at the track the first day its open here. I'm looking to rip into the car as soon as possible.

ANd to the guy who said hooking up the car with less then 1500 miles is brainless, dude get a clue. i'll have exhaust on the car with under 500 miles on it and i'm sure it will be perfect.

-Steve
but the cat-back most of us doesnt even consider as hook up.
Also the most guys who will buy the tuner products, they care how the car will run the next 50k miles at least , they are not tuner shops they are regular guys. They want reilability too. Just because you dont care and you will use it as a tool, it doesnt apply for most of us. And they dont want to try 5 different exhaust within a year. EtC.

The problem is i have clue about it, and for as a customer really sounds bad when the tuner told me hook up your car within 500 miles its oke...
when even with the after market brake discs- clutch- etc need around 500 miles brake in time... Not to mention the engine etc. Thanks i will stay away at least 1500 miles from hook ups and race with a new car.
i know you want to make money as fast as you can ,but...

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 22, 2008 at 01:08 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTEZ
In research land, there is no such thing as "too new". If I had the car right now, I'd be going to the track tomorrow. Forget about the magazine times, what can the average driver expect to do down quarter-mile in the X? How about in-car video footage of a 0-60 pass, or a run from 50-120mph? Throw the car on the rollers (dynojet preferred). Run it several times.. show *all* the readings. Put a boost controller on the car and then run it again. Take off the airbox, and run it again. Remove the downpipe-back and run it. All these hacks can be done within a day with feedback on how the car performs without tuning it and without voiding a warranty.
all with this in the brand new car? Not even ecu flash out yet....
Do you know what happeneds when you put TBE and intake no ecu flash /at least?/ not to mention you want raise the boost... and go to the dyno and race track . and just keep testing the car?
i hope you are not tuner.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:24 PM
Former Sponsor

aftermarket brake disks need 500 miles of break in time? who told you that?

the first thing your sopposed to do is bed the brakes with new pads/rotors, and that requires making them so hot they smoke :P
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

i would like to intruduce the Evolution Owner manual, page 3-2 :
" Break in period.
Avoid sudden braking for the first 300 miles"

This from power slot:
"In order to assure maximum life and brake pad performance the system should frequently be heated cycled. Prolonged, excessive, heat during the bedding process can dramatically affect the performance of the Power Slot system. For best results make 6-10 stops from 35 to 5mph applying moderate pressure. When brakes cool make another 2-3 hard stops from 50 to 10mphalways keeping the vehicle moving. Next, the system should be cycled by firmly applying brake pressure to produce heat in the system, but only for short periods of time. Allow the system to cool and repeat the process. This will begin the tempering process. Avoid excessive or high speed braking until the new system has seated in. This will take you approximately 200 to 500 miles. Not following the break-in procedure will severely affect how the new Power Slot system will function. "

this from EBC:
http://www.ebcbrakes.com/troubleshooting.html

ETC...
Since most guys using the EVO as a DD. Specially most of them dont even think about to bed it in . Also most of them are street drivers.
Why i need to explain this?

Last edited by Robevo RS; Jan 22, 2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

give it a couple of weeks

Quick Reply: Where is Buschur, AMS, Al and the east coast crew??