Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO X MR question.

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2008, 08:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nasty n8
There was a bulletin that was sent to dealers that states something about the SST not being serviceable. If there are problems with the transmission, the whole thing has to be replaced.

I can't remember if it was posted on this forum or the evoxforums.com

edit: here it is

Hmm, That'll suck really bad for Evo X owners....I bet that trannsmission will be very expensive and the repair will be very long and painful.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 09:54 PM
Evolving Member

There was a bulletin that was sent to dealers that states something about the SST not being serviceable. If there are problems with the transmission, the whole thing has to be replaced.

I can't remember if it was posted on this forum or the evoxforums.com

edit: here it is

That makes me not want a MR for sure.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

i saw this asked somewhere, but can't find it now. will the X have a sunroof avail?
Old Jan 26, 2008, 12:45 AM
MER

I'm glad I'm getting all this info here because my local dealerships are clueless (surprise surprise).
Old Jan 26, 2008, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by MER
I'm glad I'm getting all this info here because my local dealerships are clueless (surprise surprise).
Lol, I highly doubt your stealership is clueless....They tell you they are, They get books and panthlets on what's bound to break and whats not likely to break and which would cost more to replace or fix. So they just tell you they have no clue other than telling you if you buy that car and you screw up that transmission you'll be paying half of what you paid for your car, LMAO!
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:26 AM
MER

Still no brochures in my area but I wouldn't mind someone .pdf-ing a brochure or pointing me in the direction of one. And an owners manual while you're at it.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 06:57 PM

nope, no prices.

though i believe the aero kit is a $2000 accessory. You can price out the car on edmunds.com

saw it for 1900.00 south coast.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by KiiD2X
A "wise man" aka mitsu sales person, lol, told me, If the Transmission on the MR goes bad or something goes wrong with it.....It will cost an Arm and a leg to fix if it isnt under warranty, and you wont see your MR a long time....Does anyone know if this holds any truth?
My techs went to EVO X school this week in So Cal. The SST is completely encapsulated. There is no way to work on it, only replace it. They wouldnt even give the techs schematics of the tranny. Truthfully, I am a little worried.
Old Jan 26, 2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by KiiD2X
Lol, I highly doubt your stealership is clueless....They tell you they are, They get books and panthlets on what's bound to break and whats not likely to break and which would cost more to replace or fix. So they just tell you they have no clue other than telling you if you buy that car and you screw up that transmission you'll be paying half of what you paid for your car, LMAO!
I am a salesman, and we still havent got any spec books or brochures. We have a pocket guide with a ton of info, but nothing to give to clients. Its a little upsetting that the cars arrived before the information.