Notices
EvoM New Member / FAQs / EvoM Rules New member? Come on in, introduce yourself, and get acquainted with the evolutionm.net posse :) FAQs will also be answered in here.

Evo IX MR vs. Evo IX MR SE

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX MR vs. Evo IX MR SE

Alright, so i'm pretty set on buying an Evo IX MR edition. However, i'm kind of confused because i thought the MR package and the SE package were 2 different packages on the IX and you couldn't get both of them on the same car. Is there an actual factory produced EVO IX MR SE?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:28 PM

oh and also, if the MR SE exists, what all additionally comes on it besides the MR package?
Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

SE comes with red leather stiches, front air dam extension, chrome bbs wheels,and aluminum roof(which already comes with a MR). i would personally stick with the normal 5spd SE it's a bargain also has aluminum roof!
Old Feb 11, 2008, 05:39 PM
Account Disabled

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/08/03/f...-evolution-se/
Old Feb 11, 2008, 07:33 PM
Account Disabled

Yes there is an MR and MR SE, the MR SE has a few more physical features than the 5 speed SE. I should've just bought the MR SE instead of the extra regular SE.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 07:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Save yourself some $ and just get the MR (if you really want the 6spd) and buy yourself an SE front lip. The red stitching isnt worth the 2k IMO. Unless you get a good deal then sure go for it.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The regular SE was a couple thousand dollars cheeper than the MR, according to mitsubishicars.com, when they were still out.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 10:33 PM

yea get regular MR IMO. good luck you will love it
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

SE 5 speed FTW. BBS wheels look better than the MR wheels IMO, plus the lip looks great too.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:07 PM
Account Disabled

MR is differnet with winglet extention, suspension and 6 speed thats it NOT WORTH 5K MORE.. Theres no MR SE its either MR or SE(special edition) not both together... But other wise MR and Se are same in apperance.. Samelip Same BBS rims.... (different Shades) (hyper black, Gun,metal, fq400 Black... so on

Last edited by mitsuboost30; Feb 11, 2008 at 11:09 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2008, 11:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I have an MR SE. There is nothing on the car the says it an MR SE (aka a badge) but you get the red stitching on the seats that the SE has, 6speed with aluminum shift knob, carbon fiber hand brake handle, the SE front lip, BBS wheels(I dont remember which ones, but they are different). There are a few other things i dont remember. Some mentioned the extended air dams, i have those.

So pretty much you get an MR with a kick of SE.

I have heard that MR SE's are not made form the factory that way. They were a dealership thing that dealerships did to try to sell more but im not sure exactly if thats true.

So if you really want the red stitching and what not go with the MR SE. I dont think its really worth that much extra money for it. I got mine only because i bough it cheap with 396mile on it but TOTALED
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:33 AM
Account Disabled

SE's for the MR were an appearance package. They did make a regular SE that was sold as just that, but to get it on an MR, it was labeled as an appearance package that you paid extra for.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The appearance package on the MR only cost me about $500 extra, which is good if you are already planning to get an MR. I like the seats and the wheels a lot ... especially on the GG color. The gray wheels on the gray car just isn't as nice as the dark chrome look of the SE wheels.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolving Member

The following is what I heard from a few shops and dealerships. Validity is not 100% guaranteed. The MR SE was intended to be the 2007 model. This was nixed since the US highway safety regulations decided to upgrade the requirements to include side-impact-airbags. This forced Mitsu to put the last batch of their IX MR's on the showroom floors as 06 models. To differentiate this batch however, they simply added the SE visual package. What has already been said about the MR SE over the normal MR is correct with one (possible) addition. It has been noticed by a few reputable tuners that the MR SE seemed to have a slightly better spooling turbo. Side by side, with same mods, the MR SE's turbo seemed to wind up a tad better. Is it worth the difference to you? Maybe. Maybe not. For me, it was the only new IX I could find anyway and just so happened to be everything I wanted in an Evo anyway. It's also rare as ****, so if you have one as an option, realize that option will soon be gone. Either way, congrats in advance on your new Evo

Last edited by lords3t; Feb 12, 2008 at 11:48 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2008, 11:45 AM
Evolved Member

I call it MR SE..! as it has a Lancer Evolution MR Badge on the left and a lil SE Sticker on the right side found in the trunk..!

As for a MR SE turbo spooling a tad better.. hahahahahaha X 1000 its all in their heads dude..!

And if some comes back and says yes it is, you got a lot of convincing to do as I call total BS..!!

Last edited by Redline06; Feb 12, 2008 at 11:49 AM.

Quick Reply: Evo IX MR vs. Evo IX MR SE