Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

~~Interior/Exterior Impression GSR "Mini review" (Canadian)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
~~Interior/Exterior Impression GSR "Mini review" (Canadian)

I finally got the chance to claim into a GSR, I closed my eyes for the virgin experience, lol what did I do right off the back, cracked my nuts over the corner side of that damn seat on the way in. That made me very aware of the seating difference Vs. the GTS I have put 30,000km on already.

Opening your eyse and letting it all sink in, if your use to your Lancer, you will be able to feel the difference right away, or to some, the lack of different. Second thing that jumped out at me was the smaller sized stirring wheel impression I got. It felt natural and nice, but it to me felt smaller. Looking around I felt slightly disapointed, from a Lancer GTS User point of view. I am sure to the average guy off the street, the cars spirit will move you to some degree or another, I havent met much people who didnt like the interier of my car. The feeling here was, hey this is my car. Then I was thinking hmmm i kinda like this wheel better. Hmmm I wonder if it would fit into mine, hmm and these seats, after my nutz stopped hurting, they felt kinda cumfy, maybe these would fit in my car too?

The GSR is and feels like the GTS, hell i even blind folded my girlfriend as a joke, had her sit in the car and the first thing she said is, :O what did you do to my car ? lol wasnt sure if she liked it or not, but I know she would just kill me if I really did take her personal "rear view mirror" charms out of the car. After telling her to look around and see if she liked it it, and she said "ummm ya but what did you change." "and where are my charms"

SHe didnt clue in that it was a different car all together. And when you think about it, I dont Blame Mitsu for not going all out and upgrades. Its pretty much a layout that works, Dash is above par overall for the GSR and GTS, and space and room in the car is good. Another thing that caught my eye was the GTS spoiler as well.

Out of the Two GTS's I have in my hands, both are black, the GSR I saw was I think a dark grey or might have been black. It was dark so forgive me. Side by side, they just look the same. If I walked out side I would see a previous generation EVO and same generation Lancer and you know when you look at them, you can say, EVO, and Lancer. Two distinctly different enough cars, of the same Genes of course. Coming back to the GSR and the GTS, you can see the differences, but you would just assume, hey that car might have just a better package.

Looking at it with those kinda emotionless and objective eyes, on a more personally side, the bias side. I kinda like it, its definatly meaner, and I guess you could say of a better cut. You in some ways wish that you could just pluck things right off the EVO and put it on your Lancer, not because its official EVO stuff, but cause it just looks like a much better fit. So in some ways you could say Mitsu knew where they were going when building this latter of different Lancer family products. The only negative harsh thing I can say about the EVO and this has been said many times over... is the *** on the car, well the rear bumper diffuser section to be exact. its just overkill. Is it a deal breaker? no and you know what its better then no EVO at all due to so called Canadian Government Standards. But at first glace it almost seems like the Canadian Gov has a personal grudge with the EVO or something, slipping on this Chastity belt of a rear diffuser as a last parting shot. If i buy this evo, this is the first thing to go, I may even dump it at the front door of the ministry of transportation. Joking, lol

But as it was explained, the issue is with crash safety which equates to a more re enforced bumper, that bumper is going to be a problem for aftermarket solutions. So *** upgrades are made availible Canadians may be assed out when it comes to their rear bumper kits

All in all the car still commands respect, and look good. With eyes looking forward to the RalliArt, I still just have to hope that they may provide a different sort of flare for this half brother of the Lancer.

Any thoughts
Old Feb 18, 2008, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks , any pics of the **** end of that thing.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chastity belt for the rear.