Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

do you guys think evo x can beat....?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by riceviper
Wow this thread is crazy, look all I have to say every car is different, not to mention every driver. Thre are so many factors that have to be calculated there is no way your going to be able to calculate them on here. It is possible that he beat the GTO. I should know, I beat the snot out of them all the time in my vr-4. I have a friend that had the 6.0 GTO and sold it soon after cause it was SLOW.. That car couldn't get into the 13's. It ran anywhere from 14.00's to mid 14's. Though my point is that it is possible. I also am going to make it a point that there are some really fast stock GTO's. Another example my freind tom has a GTP 2 door. That car bone stock other than a tune went 13.01 at noble OK. Thats stock boost also. So who would have thought that. Look give te guy some merit I dont think he is tring to pull a fast one.
Hey thanks a lot man. I mean why whould i try to lie on here i dont even know any one one here ya no lol. I was just trying to express some of my experence with my New Evo X. And a lot of other people to understand the Above the sea level factor. I mean my car is at least a half of a second fast in the 1/4 mile at 3600feet above sea level then a stock GTO here. I ran a 13.50 first time at the track so i am sure i can break low 13.4s. Avg gto here runs 13.9-14.4. Maybe i am a good driver or maybe that car just really pulls a lot harder then people think maybe both. Not trying to down the GTO just letting you guys no what happened when i raced one ya no. And in case people didnt no .5 second is a pretty big jump in the 1/4 mile.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by riceviper
Wow this thread is crazy, look all I have to say every car is different, not to mention every driver. Thre are so many factors that have to be calculated there is no way your going to be able to calculate them on here. It is possible that he beat the GTO. I should know, I beat the snot out of them all the time in my vr-4. I have a friend that had the 6.0 GTO and sold it soon after cause it was SLOW.. That car couldn't get into the 13's. It ran anywhere from 14.00's to mid 14's. Though my point is that it is possible. I also am going to make it a point that there are some really fast stock GTO's. Another example my freind tom has a GTP 2 door. That car bone stock other than a tune went 13.01 at noble OK. Thats stock boost also. So who would have thought that. Look give te guy some merit I dont think he is tring to pull a fast one.
Originally Posted by MillDogg13
Interesting thread! I have to agree with riceviper^ because there can be so many factors, both seen/unseen. I personally have raced my buddies 99 camaro SS from a dead stop, and from 20,30,40, etc, and i could only beat him from a dead stop. Now i must tell you that he has every bolt-on possible along with a 125 shot of crack, and drag radials, and i had tbe, walbro, mbc, o2, intercooler/piping, and tune. His best 1/4 was 11.9x, and i believe mine at that time was 12.2x. His car was just plain Nasty on the highway, and from all speeds he would pull a couple car lengths but then we would maintain that distance. Nitrous can take credit for that. From a dead stop i would chew him up until around 110ish, and then bye bye. I suppose i should also mention that i raced another friend who had a late 90's WS6 firebird with headers, exhaust, and intake, and with my same mods as mentioned above i worked him over several times from all speeds, but he wasn't nearly as good of a driver as my buddy with the SS. Oh well...just my .02.
Originally Posted by RKT SHP
I believe that this guy did pull on a LS2 gto....I had and 06 GTO up until about a month ago....and we are at high elevation here in sierra vista(right around 5-6000 feet. And I got to tell you my car was a dog up here. I took it to the track down in tucson(still pretty high elevation. and the best I could muster all night long was about a 14.5 at around 99. and that was the best run of the night. most of the other runs were high 14's at mid 90's. I once took the car to san diego on vacation and i can honestly tell you that the car didnt feel like the same car.(for example in sierra vista I could on bark in 2nd gear but in san diego i was about halfway through third and was still spinning) and I have a six speed and this was on stock rubber....So yes he probably could pull an ls2 gto at that elevation(or atleast if he ran into one like mine) but at sea level it would be game over for his X and any other that was stock
Dang where were all you guys about a couple of day ago lol. Hey i thank you for the support. I try to tell people that a GTO or an unturbo or unsupercharge car for that fact are greatly affected out here. Tusuan track is 3000 ft above sea level and you ran a 14.5 see i raced at area 51 dragway at roswell, nm which is 3600ft above sea level and ran a 13.50 first time at the track so i no i can get better. I already posted my time slip on a different thread if you dont belive i ran that. SO right there tells you i am a second quicker and a second is a lot. Where i raced the GTO was 4600 ft above sea level. And i even said at sea level it would be a hole different ball game and i never tryed to denie that. Once again thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This seems like a reliable site (hopefully no one posted this yet). Search to your heart's content...

http://www.albeedigital.com/supercou...0-60times.html
Old Mar 11, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EVO X should beat all of those. it's doing 0-60 in 4.6 seconds...that's pretty close to the IX. the only one it would have trouble with is the 335i...with the gains people are making with the X engine though, an intake and tune should take care of the 335i
Old Mar 11, 2008, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ODUB
EVO X should beat all of those. it's doing 0-60 in 4.6 seconds...that's pretty close to the IX. the only one it would have trouble with is the 335i...with the gains people are making with the X engine though, an intake and tune should take care of the 335i
+1 You all should read the AMS thread if you havnt already. There pretty much making 100awhp over stock including the 02 housing/down pipe, with all bolt on. Its not going to cost that much money to make this a low 12 sec car maybe even high 11sec.