Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

EVO MR pricing

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2008, 08:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch, I dunno if an MR will be in my future now
Old May 2, 2008, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

That's actually not too bad.

33k for the GSR and 2k for the SSS package (included in the MR)

Only 3k for the SST, bluetooth, rims, 2-piece rotors, upgraded seats, suspension components - doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I was looking at the 08 STi and they were asking 2k for fog lights and BBS rims - that sounded expensive to me....
Old May 2, 2008, 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

No I did not pay 41K it was more like 36.8 I think, I was just commenting that the sticker was 41K just imagine a maxed out MR!
Old May 2, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

A brand new G37 starts at 34,5K just to put things into perspective. Then look at the features that come for the base price of that Infiniti. Pretty amazing. That's the same as my 05 SSL window sticker.
Old May 2, 2008, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by GSXR
That's actually not too bad.

33k for the GSR and 2k for the SSS package (included in the MR)

Only 3k for the SST, bluetooth, rims, 2-piece rotors, upgraded seats, suspension components - doesn't sound like a bad deal.

I was looking at the 08 STi and they were asking 2k for fog lights and BBS rims - that sounded expensive to me....
Yeah man, sounds like a sweet deal. BBS rims alone will set you back 2gs, leather/suede
Recaros another 2gs, bilstein/eibach combo another 1g, 2 piece rotors about 700, bluetooth add-on 400, body colored trim/chrome grill trim maybe 500, SST tranny 3gs (m3 DCT option price); all totaled about 9 grand worth of options for about 5 grand more than a gsr trim evo.

South Coast are selling their gsrs for about 30k, so we can expect an mr to go for roughly 35k base, not a bad deal at all. Of course people will say that fully loaded it will be over 40k, over priced compact car; but that is why they are called options. Don't order them if you can't justify their price.
Old May 2, 2008, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Stock
A brand new G37 starts at 34,5K just to put things into perspective. Then look at the features that come for the base price of that Infiniti. Pretty amazing. That's the same as my 05 SSL window sticker.
That is a nice luxury coupe for the price, but it is missing Recaro seats, and a dual clutch six speed tranny; instead it comes with a 5 speed slushbox and wide fat sofas for seats. Seriously they aren't bad for daily driving, but I just love my Recaros.

The final nail in the coffin for me is that an evo MR would run rings around a G37 on the track or back roads. G37 is fine if you want a comfy GT that is relatively fun for its class, but not in the same league as an evo MR for all out, ***** to the wall driving.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by JDMLUDE35
But you are comparing that to luxury cars. MR from my understanding is not. What about the dealer markups and such.
I wouldn't call those luxury cars, more like nicely equipped mid sized sedans. If you were talking about a merc e550 or bmw 5 series, then I would agree.

That would be like comparing a Bentley and a Ferrari, I mean the Ferrari costs the same as the Bentley, so it should have the same luxury features right?
The evo MR is just designed to be a fast 4 door sedan, that you can take to a track or back road; not to be a comfy boring luxury sedan you that your grandmother would enjoy driving to church.

Well dealer markups are made for the idiots who are willing to pay them; and if you are sensible, you would shop around for a dealer that gives discounts instead. i.e. South Coast Mitsubishi. Also, there should be plenty of MRs to be found like the evo 8 and 9s; don't believe the dealer BS that they are extremely rare and deserve 5k markups or worse.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

Man, almost 40k for an MR. Thing is like the 3000GT VR4 all over again.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo-L
Dont forget, south coast will have them at 25k in 6 months
True! Just wait for a while, i heard that they gonna sell the MR at invoice or even less.
Old May 2, 2008, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by demonblackevo69
Yeah man, sounds like a sweet deal. BBS rims alone will set you back 2gs, leather/suede
Recaros another 2gs, bilstein/eibach combo another 1g, 2 piece rotors about 700,
You do realize that a GSR comes with wheels, seats, a suspension and brakes, right? It's not as if that stuff is worthless. You need to consider how much MORE than the GSR equipment, the MR stuff is worth. If BBS wheels cost $2k, how much do the GSR rims cost (and how much could you sell them for) and put that money towards BBS rims?
Old May 2, 2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Grant
You do realize that a GSR comes with wheels, seats, a suspension and brakes, right? It's not as if that stuff is worthless. You need to consider how much MORE than the GSR equipment, the MR stuff is worth. If BBS wheels cost $2k, how much do the GSR rims cost (and how much could you sell them for) and put that money towards BBS rims?
Thats true, but how much would you get for your used gsr parts? All depends on demand for them. This is straight from the factory, no hasell to look for buyers for your used parts and install mr parts; plus a sst tranny from mitsu would cost you over 8k not including installation.

I have tried craigslist and ebay, and it is a pain in the *** to find buyers for the price you want for used parts. When people hear the word used, they want more than half off msrp.

Last edited by demonblackevo69; May 2, 2008 at 11:06 PM.
Old May 2, 2008, 11:06 PM
Evolved Member

Sticker on my GSR was $38,600 and I don't have SSS...just nav, aero, and the interior trim package. $40,600 after tax. Where did you guys think that the MR was going to come in?
Old May 2, 2008, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by demonblackevo69
Thats true, but how much would you get for your used gsr parts? All depends on demand for them. This is straight from the factory, no hasell to look for buyers for your used parts and install mr parts; plus a sst tranny from mitsu would cost you over 8k not including installation
No argument on the SST. That is the one area where you'd be crazy not to buy an MR. If you want that gearbox, buy the MR. I'd actually prefer a manual 6spd, but that's not available...yet...
Old May 3, 2008, 04:25 AM
Evolved Member

its really no big surprise, we expected this price all along... And as everyone said , the old MR was $36 so its a few years later, new engine and platform, sst tranny, and everything else..... It is alot of money, but still good bang for the buck
Old May 3, 2008, 06:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by txfoster
Holy smokes my car was 41k loaded, maybe I need to understand the base equipment on the MR at that price a mere 4K more and you to can own an M3.

OOuch!!!!!!!!!
I'd like to see a new 2008 M3 @ 45k. It's 60k loaded up.

Maybe a used one or last years model.

Quick Reply: EVO MR pricing