Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Evo X looks like standard Lancer?

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by jimm
No fender flares on the ralliart or the regular lancers....also the front bumper completely different as are the aero treatments on the bottom, ..

now can you please name all the similarities, that make both cars look the same.

Last edited by DRAGHICI; May 24, 2008 at 08:15 AM.
Old May 24, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DRAGHICI
now can you please name all the similarities, that make both cars look the same.
Basic shape and similar small spoiler for the x base.

Who cares? I got the smaller spoiler because I would rather Johnny Law think I was a regular lancer.
Old May 24, 2008, 09:38 AM
Account Disabled

You mean like this guy? bwahahah!!!!

Old May 24, 2008, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^^LMAO! I don't believe you saved those pics! Those were history.

But anyway. Really? Regular people? Who gives a F*** what "regular" people think? 85% of the time they don't even know what an Evo is or think its a subie. So there goes their opinion out of the window. and who does that leave? People who actually know what they are looking at. And if they know, they can tell. If anyone does you might as well put a bit decal on your back windshield that says "THIS IS AN EVO".

Besides, why would I even want to advertise to the world that I have an Evo? I hope the people who DO worry about this trivial thing have something bigger in life and than their ego which matches their car.

If anything I would think it would be better to look like "just a Lancer" because when you smoke the ***** who thinks they are better than you because you are driving "just a Lancer" it would make thim feel even worse. And that situation applies to any car owner. Evo ones too!
Old May 24, 2008, 10:28 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 135 Likes on 81 Posts
The only people trying to incite anything in this thread are VIII and IX owners. Coincidence? I think not. We like our cars. We like Lancers too.
Old May 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Green_Bandit
^^^LMAO! I don't believe you saved those pics! Those were history.
Haha!! I had to save them. I figured there's always a scenario in which they can be used.
Old May 24, 2008, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

Nop, I don't think just because lancer and ralliart looks like the evo; it would deter people from getting the x.
Old May 24, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

I actually want to make my X look even less like what an "evo" should look like, and I know I'm not the only one.

Why else would companies make "stealth" products like AMS just released with their pipes.

If I really needed a flashy car to get people to notice me to make myself feel better ... I obviously would have bigger issues in life to deal with.

And who says the Evo X doesn't get noticed? I get plenty of 'thumb ups' on the freeway, plenty of people who pace me and stare, at this one stop light the crosswalk guy who was between 20-30yrs old took out his camera and was snapping pictures and when I noticed gave me a big thumbs up, people stop me in parking lots to talk about it (STi guys, Evo 8/9 guys, IS250 guys).
Old May 24, 2008, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

All Evos look like their Lancer counterparts.
Old May 24, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

I have gotten stopped 2 couple of times and asked what type of car....The Evos are head turners, the lancers look good also and IMHO better than some of the previous generations.
Old May 24, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

yea, its no big deal I would think.... Mitus cant live on EVo's alone, you need the base models to entice people and think "evo" to sell them...

Everyone does it... 335 vs M3.... Z06 vs base vette vs ZR1, Mazdaspeed 3 vs Mazda 3..... etc etc..... I never saw the deal on this argument..

and I had an Evo 8 and like the new X's look much better (as ive grown older...lol)
Old May 24, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

i don't have a x but i do have a ix and the thing that bothers me the most is when people say "so hows the lancer?" or "oh you drive a lancer" I mean yeah its a lancer, but a lancer evolution. why can't people just say evo like the rest of us haha.
Old May 24, 2008, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is a stupid disussion purely based on EVO 8/9 guys trying to get under our skins. I'll indulge the conversation regardless to throw my .02 in. You can tell that the EVO is built off of the lancer like it always has been, but the hood is distinctly different, as is the front bumper, the front fender flares are much wider and incorporate a vent, the rear doors are different to flare out enough to match up with the substantially wider rear fender flares, the rear bumper is different and has a rear diffuser, the spoiler is different, dual exhaust instead of single,etc. The new EVO looks no more like a base lancer than any of the previous EVOs, and if you think differently than you are just fooling yourselves. I think the only reason that people might think they look similar is because the old EVOs looked good compared to the ugly econo box that they started from whereas the new base model lancer is a good looking car to start with, making it harder for the new EVO to stand out as much without closer observation.

Last edited by STi2EvoX; May 24, 2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old May 24, 2008, 02:54 PM

You guys are getting off easy I can't count the number of times people see the S2000 and ask is that a Miata
Old May 24, 2008, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

anybody who knows anything about cars should already know the difference between the two. i even got a "nice evo" from a 50 year old guy the other day. if u put the 2 side by side, and i have, the evoX definitely stands out, wide fenders/aggressive front end. nope doesnt bother me none.

Quick Reply: Evo X looks like standard Lancer?