Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bit The Bullet - Got Me A X MR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think u can ask for the original shift knob , ebrake cover back as they are access. ...
Old Jun 25, 2008, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

you know, everytime i see an MR sold i get more and more anxious to buy one.. i went to south coast a couple of days ago to check them out and let me say HOLY **** was the ride intense, taking on ramps at 50 is no joke lol. Anyways congrats on the purchase, and dont listen to those people who say "paying 47 k for an evo is outrageous ! i would of spent it on a beemer." blah beemers are all over the place every mom and their dogs have one.

PS. tell us how it feels to not have a clutch pedal!! PLZZ
Old Jun 25, 2008, 03:53 PM

Is the MR really worth it though? I'm not sure if I'd be willing to spend the money for the difference. Besides, how does the shifting feel with the turbo?
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancer_styles
Is the MR really worth it though? I'm not sure if I'd be willing to spend the money for the difference. Besides, how does the shifting feel with the turbo?
Worth it? That depends on who you're asking. Everyone assigns value unique to their set of evaluation criteria. For me it was worth it, obviously, since I bought it. I managed to test drive a bunch of cars before making my decision. Among the "contestants" that I drove were the E92 and E46 M3, 335xi, Exige S 240, STi, VW R32, and the X GSR. After driving all the cars listed in a short period of time, the X MR was the best compromise for me.

I could go into the pros and cons of each vehicle and why, to me, the X MR came out on top but it'd be a waste of your time to read it as chances are high that what is important to me, won't carry as much weight for you.

Regarding the shifting, I can't quite comment on it as I'm still breaking in the car and haven't given it a run yet. So far, it works quite well as a daily driver.

Good luck in your decision.

Last edited by 93HardTopTurbo; Jun 25, 2008 at 04:04 PM.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i really have no clue why people here bash people who buy the evo X, MR or GSR for whatever the amount.

its their CHOICE and their MONEY, i am sure they took into considerations all factors before they bought their car.......as long as they are happy...thats all that matters.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:18 PM

+1 [beetle_orange]
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
PDI in Mitsu speak means pre-delivery inspection.....and that car has not had it.

But that was three days ago. What's up now???
Old Jun 25, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by salukidude
PDI in Mitsu speak means pre-delivery inspection.....and that car has not had it.

But that was three days ago. What's up now???
It now has 140+ miles on it. Slowing breaking her in.
Old Jun 29, 2008, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Go make your own post about the prices people, sheesh. The guy just bought a mac daddy X MR. The dollar is worth crap, everything has gone up in price. Congrats man and enjoy it. Make a review please.
Old Jun 30, 2008, 08:11 AM

I don't quite understand the amount of flak this thread has received... it seems like an inordinate amount of jealousy to me...

Congrats on the purchase, its a beautiful car, and no doubt a fantastic purchase!

To the people flaming his purchase, STFU!
Old Jun 30, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

I agree.. The MR is well worth the cash if you ask me.. From the AWD technology, to the majical gearbox, this sort of thing isn't cheap.. This car is waaayyy beyond the EVO IX fellas, therefore the cash price is gonna go up you deuschebags..
Old Jun 30, 2008, 11:36 AM

Maybe I missed in earlier posts. We're you able to bargain at all from MSRP?
Old Jul 3, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 93HardTopTurbo
Worth it? That depends on who you're asking. Everyone assigns value unique to their set of evaluation criteria. For me it was worth it, obviously, since I bought it. I managed to test drive a bunch of cars before making my decision. Among the "contestants" that I drove were the E92 and E46 M3, 335xi, Exige S 240, STi, VW R32, and the X GSR. After driving all the cars listed in a short period of time, the X MR was the best compromise for me.

I could go into the pros and cons of each vehicle and why, to me, the X MR came out on top but it'd be a waste of your time to read it as chances are high that what is important to me, won't carry as much weight for you.

Regarding the shifting, I can't quite comment on it as I'm still breaking in the car and haven't given it a run yet. So far, it works quite well as a daily driver.

Good luck in your decision.
+1000

I'm not the type of guy that would really ever consider buying a X MR unless I was making ALOT more money and would use it as a DD. However, I respect the fact that everyone has their own values and are in different financial situations. Unfortunately, there are alot of childish individuals on this forum who really don't - or refuse to acknowledge this fact. Kudos to you sir in your ability to not get angered at some of these inappropriate comments and congratulations on your X MR !