Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2013, 01:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what's up guys ? this my first post ever I just wanted to know what's the best way to buy a Evo I have no credit? I have $1000 free a month what's my best way of owning a Evo ix or x ?
I'm in SoCal
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by El-evo92
what's up guys ? this my first post ever I just wanted to know what's the best way to buy a Evo I have no credit? I have $1000 free a month what's my best way of owning a Evo ix or x ?
I'm in SoCal
Wait 10 months. Put 10,000 down get a cosigner get a 2013 for $3000-4000 MSRP because the 14's are out. Be prepared for a lot of rejection though, no credit is often harder to get cars than bad credit.

You will enjoy the car a bunch more if the payment is not through the roof.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:49 AM

Talking El Cajon Mitsubishi

Hi! Just bought my third Evo, 2013 GSR w/SS/Ralliart locks and Int package, from El Cajon Mitsu in San Diego, for $34,400, straight deal and no hidden fees, plus just the usual tax and DMV. (I did add Nav which raised price) If you want an Evo in SoCal, this is the place to go now. Check out their website, great inventory and real prices listed on most models. BTW, they offer free 2 years basic maintenance on all new and used cars.

Last edited by mtnracer; Mar 23, 2013 at 08:54 AM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 12:22 PM

so I need a cosigner even if I put down that amount ? and I don't want to wait that long I suck at saving money If I know its there and I don't have anything to put it towards ill spend it I know once I have the car ill learn to save money.

yeah cause it will give me more money to play around with no I need to find some one that's willing to do me that favor
Old Mar 23, 2013, 06:14 PM
Evolving Member

I'm in SoCal
You have 0 credit, you're asking for a loan on a car that is high risk to be stolen or totaled, and is 7 years old (Evo IX), or is $20,000+. And, any X that's 20k is going to have close to, or more than 100,000 miles.

It doesn't matter how much money you make per month. Unless you have a HUGE ($10,000+) down, you're not going to get a loan with out a co-signer.

No credit its worse than bad credit in some cases. Banks view no credit as complete random risk. If you have a 600 credit score, at least the bank knows you're not very likely to pay your bills, so they will charge you more interest. With 0 credit, they have no idea what to expect. And that's scary to them.

Last edited by TrogdorWBL; Mar 23, 2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2013, 08:50 PM

that sounds better and makes more sense I'm going to go have a talk with my bank and now i want to go get a credit score i have never gotten one. I buy everything cash so yeah thanks for the info everyone i was hoping to get some of the of the vendors input..
Old Mar 23, 2013, 11:30 PM
Evolving Member

that sounds better and makes more sense I'm going to go have a talk with my bank and now i want to go get a credit score i have never gotten one. I buy everything cash so yeah thanks for the info everyone i was hoping to get some of the of the vendors input..
I'm not a site vendor, but I do work for a dealership and am familiar with how auto finance works. If an Evo is the goal, you may have to adjust your time frame.

Banks assess risk based on the assumption that EVERYONE will default on a loan, even if you have an 850 credit score. That score is just a measure of how likely you are to default. Lower your score, less likely you are to pay, so they want to make sure that the payments you do make that they make a **** load of money by charging you higher interest to offset what they assume will be a bad loan.

Banks also assess risk based on the car. That is, how easy or hard it will be to get rid of the car if/when you default on it. Newer cars, with fewer miles are easier to auction off than some 13 year old POS with 240,000 miles on it. So, as backwards as it sounds, people with bad credit or no credit actually have an easier time getting financed on newer cars.

Finally, banks used NADA retail when they finance a car. Based on your credit and income they will generally allow you to finance between 80%-130% of NADA value. More money and better credit, they allow you to finance closer to that 130%. With no credit, you're be closer to that 80% range. Meaning you have sale price - 80% of NADA book value = roughly how much money you need to come up with to cover the difference. So say a car books for 10,000, but because of your credit they will only finance 80% of that. And lets say the price if the car is $12,000 after TTL. 80% of 10,000 is 8,000. Meaning 12,000 - 8000, you need to have $4,000 down.

This is what makes an Evo IX an unlikely scenario. A 2006 is 7 years old. If it's less than 20k it's going to have 80k+ miles or so. That's a high risk vehicle to a bank. Add on top of that you have no credit, and it's a high risk for theft and being totaled. Plus, damn near all of them are sold for over NADA book.

Lets talk about Evo X. Our store recently sold a 2008 with 96k on it for $19,999. Given how many calls we got on it, we probably should have sold it for $21k. So they're going to very high miles. Again that's hard to finance.

So, what about a brand new Evo X? There's no NADA book on a new, so that's okay. There's less risk if the bank gets stuck with it, that's good. But now we're talking about a $37,000 loan (with TTL). With no money down that's a $670 a month payment on a 72 month loan after interest.

You have 3 options
1) Get a co-signer with a very good credit score
2) Come up with a butt load of money down (10k+)
3) Get a loan or lease on a new, non-performance car for a few years and build credit. A structured loan (monthly payments) will build your credit in 2 years (if you make all your payments) much fast than getting a small limit credit card.

Last edited by TrogdorWBL; Mar 23, 2013 at 11:35 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:40 PM
Maz

Hey everyone Im looking at 2 Evolution MR's and I don't know what would be a good deal on either of these Evo's. I posted some info. Im trying to find out if/what a fair deal is.

RR: Leather/Suade, GPS, RF System, 28,920 Miles $27,990.00

AS: Leather/Suade 33,990 Miles $27,990.00

Both are at separate dealers in different areas at different non - dealerships.

any ideas?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Maz
Hey everyone Im looking at 2 Evolution MR's and I don't know what would be a good deal on either of these Evo's. I posted some info. Im trying to find out if/what a fair deal is.

RR: Leather/Suade, GPS, RF System, 28,920 Miles $27,990.00

AS: Leather/Suade 33,990 Miles $27,990.00

Both are at separate dealers in different areas at different non - dealerships.

any ideas?
5000 miles less, and navi for the same price? Seems like a no brainer.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TrogdorWBL
I'm not a site vendor, but I do work for a dealership and am familiar with how auto finance works. If an Evo is the goal, you may have to adjust your time frame.

Banks assess risk based on the assumption that EVERYONE will default on a loan, even if you have an 850 credit score. That score is just a measure of how likely you are to default. Lower your score, less likely you are to pay, so they want to make sure that the payments you do make that they make a **** load of money by charging you higher interest to offset what they assume will be a bad loan.

Banks also assess risk based on the car. That is, how easy or hard it will be to get rid of the car if/when you default on it. Newer cars, with fewer miles are easier to auction off than some 13 year old POS with 240,000 miles on it. So, as backwards as it sounds, people with bad credit or no credit actually have an easier time getting financed on newer cars.

Finally, banks used NADA retail when they finance a car. Based on your credit and income they will generally allow you to finance between 80%-130% of NADA value. More money and better credit, they allow you to finance closer to that 130%. With no credit, you're be closer to that 80% range. Meaning you have sale price - 80% of NADA book value = roughly how much money you need to come up with to cover the difference. So say a car books for 10,000, but because of your credit they will only finance 80% of that. And lets say the price if the car is $12,000 after TTL. 80% of 10,000 is 8,000. Meaning 12,000 - 8000, you need to have $4,000 down.

This is what makes an Evo IX an unlikely scenario. A 2006 is 7 years old. If it's less than 20k it's going to have 80k+ miles or so. That's a high risk vehicle to a bank. Add on top of that you have no credit, and it's a high risk for theft and being totaled. Plus, damn near all of them are sold for over NADA book.

Lets talk about Evo X. Our store recently sold a 2008 with 96k on it for $19,999. Given how many calls we got on it, we probably should have sold it for $21k. So they're going to very high miles. Again that's hard to finance.

So, what about a brand new Evo X? There's no NADA book on a new, so that's okay. There's less risk if the bank gets stuck with it, that's good. But now we're talking about a $37,000 loan (with TTL). With no money down that's a $670 a month payment on a 72 month loan after interest.

You have 3 options
1) Get a co-signer with a very good credit score
2) Come up with a butt load of money down (10k+)
3) Get a loan or lease on a new, non-performance car for a few years and build credit. A structured loan (monthly payments) will build your credit in 2 years (if you make all your payments) much fast than getting a small limit credit card.
This man speaks the truth. Plus, I know him personally. Take heed to what he says.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:50 PM
Maz

Originally Posted by TrogdorWBL
5000 miles less, and navi for the same price? Seems like a no brainer.
Well yea what I mean was what would a fair price be on either car? I plan to purchase both but I don't know how much taxes/fess generally are so im trying to get an idea of what I'm looking at and what I should actually be paying.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:45 AM

Thanks guys I'm probably gonna go lease a small truck need one for work right now so that's. The plan 2 years I just hope there's still X's in good shape in 2 years.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks guys I'm probably gonna go lease a small truck need one for work right now so that's. The plan 2 years I just hope there's still X's in good shape in 2 years.
That's a good plan.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 10:50 PM

You can buy mine in two years when my lease is up.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 10:17 AM

I found a 3k 2012 GSR SSS package in NJ for 28k but that does not include all the stealership fees

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)