Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2013, 09:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Squeerul
Sam contacted me about some good lease deals. Honestly, I'm not liking what I see at RC Hill. They have the price for a GSR with SS package for $33,565. I'm fine with that, but their OTD price is $37,537.13. They're adding taxes for my state which is $2,133.13. They have $1,839 in total dealership fees. Their dealer fee is $699 and the other fees are apparently in finance and destination charges. My credit union is going to be sending me a check for the full amount so I don't know why there's a finance charge. She offered to take off the finance charge of $349 if I secured my financing with her. Seriously?

I think I may purchase a new STi sedan. I was quoted $33,500 for one with 7 miles and the only fee would be a $264 dealer fee. I would pay taxes, reg., etc. in my state. Or I might just go with Sam at Southcoast.
That's because dealers like RC Hill and South Coast include a lot of discounts with their advertised prices, and exclude certain things.

They advertise their prices including many discounts that not everyone qualifies for. They drawn you in with a "too good to be true" price. Then you find out you don't qualify for like 3 or 4 of the discounts they included in their price. They also don't tell you that their documenting fee is $785, or at some dealerships, their price doesn't include the destination charges.

There used to be (not sure if there still are) multiple threads on evom complaining about these tactics.

Look people, dealers aren't dumb. They're going to make money one way or another. If it sounds too good to be true, it's because it is! Any automotive website has a tool out there and will tell you what you should pay for a car. None of them vary by much more than $1000. So for those of you surfing the website of every dealer in the country, trying to save thousands, please save yourself the time. Dealers aren't dumb. If they offer some crazy low price, they're going to make money some other way (like back end fees). If they offer you an outrageous number for your trade, they're going to make money some other way (like making you pay MSRP for the new car). You're not going to find the out the door price of a new Evo vary more than a couple hundred bucks no matter where you go.

Last edited by TrogdorWBL; Mar 11, 2013 at 10:57 PM.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

Keep in mind, I'm listing these prices using my area code. The main point is that none of these prices vary that much. Prices are on a base model.

Truecar says $34,530
Edmunds says $34,156 (however, it should be noted they have the MSRP listed at 34,695, which is inaccurate)
Autotrader says $34,695

MRSP for a non-black, base GSR is $35,545 including destination fees.
(Phantom Black has a premium paint charge)

Not a lot of variation there.

Last edited by TrogdorWBL; Mar 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Location: 85296, 99519, 96817,98310,07306,10461(HomeSweetHome), & 00739
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Squeerul
Sam contacted me about some good lease deals. Honestly, I'm not liking what I see at RC Hill. They have the price for a GSR with SS package for $33,565. I'm fine with that, but their OTD price is $37,537.13. They're adding taxes for my state which is $2,133.13. They have $1,839 in total dealership fees. Their dealer fee is $699 and the other fees are apparently in finance and destination charges. My credit union is going to be sending me a check for the full amount so I don't know why there's a finance charge. She offered to take off the finance charge of $349 if I secured my financing with her. Seriously?

I think I may purchase a new STi sedan. I was quoted $33,500 for one with 7 miles and the only fee would be a $264 dealer fee. I would pay taxes, reg., etc. in my state. Or I might just go with Sam at Southcoast.
Tell Sam that you have secured your own financing. Last time I tried to make a purchase for an Evo IX, advertised prices were only good through their financing which if I recall was with Capital One. Would not budge even when I had my credit union ready to send them a check. I ended getting one locally for a flat $30K OTD for an EVO IX SE. Although this was about 6 years ago and they may have change their methods or maybe not.

But yes, Dealers will always make their money. No matter how much it is. There is an invoice price they finance to acquire the car to put on the lots. At MSRP which is suggested price is already a profit. Then add all the magical enchanting things like Doc fees, etc is and the so called downpayment is icing on the cake.

My very first Evo purchase back in '03 (wow 10 years), the salesman stated that he made only $50 on the sale which was already split up with another salesman

Good Luck!
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Ask for an itemized list, in writing, of all of the discounts that are included in the advertised price.

I can assure you they don't sell too many of them where the customer get every single discount listed.
Old Mar 13, 2013, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by MrGold
im in the market for a evo. im looking for a 2013 WW GSR with Navi and SS. ive made the calls of all the dealerships in socal: Puente hills, Anahiem, HB, South Coast,Cerritos and glendale and it seems like no one wants to sell a car. ive tried contacting Sam from South Coast Mitsubishi, several times and several different ways and hes wont return my messages or calls so he's no help. The lowest price ive gotten from a couple dealers is 37,500 OTD and since ive gotten that from a few it doesnt seem like that's a competitive number just a "lowest we can do" story. Any help?
Has anyone gotten a better price in California?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by xBoostx
Whats up all, is it possible to get a lease on a WW Base GSR for 24 months less than 2500 down with payment less the 600?
Yes it's very possible.
Old Mar 14, 2013, 11:53 AM

When i bought mine from RC Hill it was $35.5 otd for a CB ss gsr if you want pm me and i can send you the buying order
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by cosmicevo
When i bought mine from RC Hill it was $35.5 otd for a CB ss gsr if you want pm me and i can send you the buying order
not a bad deal
Old Mar 20, 2013, 12:27 PM

I would avoid South Coast at all costs. They use typical sleazy sales tactics (which is to be expected). But they were also COMPLETE A**HOLEs to me and my dad over the phone. Like total jerks for absolutely no reason! No wonder they have an F rating by Better Business Bureau
Old Mar 21, 2013, 07:23 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by atombomb33
For those that have their eyes on a left-over brand new 2012 Evo, Mitsu just announced a $1500 cash rebate.

The same 0% for 36 months and $259/mo lease for 2013s carried over from Feb to March.
What're the details on this lease option? Miles, money down, etc
Old Mar 21, 2013, 04:46 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Carloverx
What're the details on this lease option? Miles, money down, etc
It's all on Mitsu's website in the special offers section.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 05:22 PM

Perhaps not truly evo related and I apologize for that but a ralliart with nav and touring for msrp (34.7k) doesnt seem right to me. Considering that seems close to some deals here for a gsr.

Thoughts?
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

^ don't compromise... if you really want a Ralliart, get it. But if you want an EvoX & don't want to pay for the premium... get a used EvoX.

shameless plug for those in California: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...miles-24k.html

Last edited by tipoytm; Mar 21, 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old Mar 21, 2013, 09:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tipoytm
^ don't compromise... if you really want a Ralliart, get it. But if you want an EvoX, but don't want to pay for the premium... get a used EvoX.

shameless plug for those in California: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...miles-24k.html
Nothing wrong with a Ralliart (well, except the SST, IMO). To be quite honest, 90% (making that up, but you get the point) of the people who buy Evos will never use them to their full potential (track use). No one needs Brembo brakes on their DD, lol.
Old Mar 22, 2013, 03:55 AM

Originally Posted by TrogdorWBL
Nothing wrong with a Ralliart (well, except the SST, IMO). To be quite honest, 90% (making that up, but you get the point) of the people who buy Evos will never use them to their full potential (track use). No one needs Brembo brakes on their DD, lol.
Thanks guys. Yes I am looking at the ralli because of price, evo is definetely very nice just cant justify the premium....there lies my dilemma where now this white ralli shows up but 34k and 37 with fees just seems high. Specially when I heard frok two others (black ralliarts) at 31k and 33/4 out the door.

Been looking for a while and reading rumors lancer is changimg for 14 don't want to miss out
Thanks

Quick Reply: How Much for a new Evo / Is this a good deal? *Sticky/Merge* (Includes EvoM vendors)